I’m a soup lover, through and through. I eat soup when it’s cold outside, when it’s hot outside, and anytime between. So you may have noticed that we have a million soup recipes on Budget Bytes. So I wanted to filter out the best of the best, so you can make sure not to miss out on the best homemade soups that we have to offer. These delicious soup recipes will keep you coming back for more, and they’re always great for leftovers, which will save you time and money. So without further ado, here are 30 of our best soup recipes!
Chicken Soup Recipes
If you’re in need of some light, warm comfort food for a cold day, try one of these chicken soup recipes. These aren’t your run-of-the-mill soups; they’re hearty and healthy and sure to keep you toasty warm on those dreary fall and winter days.
- The Best Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – There’s nothing quite like the aroma of homemade chicken noodle soup simmering away on the stove top. This simple, classic soup is soothing to the mind, body, and soul!
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup – When you want a piping hot bowl of spicy chicken tortilla soup, but you’ve got your hands full with other chores, let your slow cooker save the day!
- Matzo Ball Soup – It’s the soup that cures all ailments. Chicken, vegetables, tender dumplings, and all of that classic chicken soup flavor, but with a fast and easy method that anyone can do.
- Chicken Stew – Chicken stew is like chicken soups older, more rugged cousin. It’s rich, hearty, and leaves no man hungry! The cold of winter is no match for a pot of chicken stew.
- Chicken and Lime Soup – This light and zesty chicken soup is a unique twist on a classic. With southwest flavors like green chiles, lime, and cilantro, this soup is light and refreshing enough to eat year round.
Vegetable Soup Recipes
Vegetable soup is incredibly versatile. You can use just about any vegetable, add some herbs and spices, maybe a grain or noodle, and PRESTO! You’ve got an easy and delicious vegetable soup. If you have leftover veggies lying around, it’s an excellent way to use them up. Here are our favorite vegetable soup recipes.
- Roasted Salsa Black Bean Soup – This incredibly flavorful and colorful soup combines roasted vegetables, hearty black beans, and the bright flavors of cilantro and lime. It’s bold, delicious, and completely vegan!
- Easy Broccoli Cheddar Soup – This thick and rich broccoli cheddar soup is chock full of vegetables in a cheesy, creamy, broth. It’s comfort food and your daily dose of vegetables in one bowl!
- Vegetable Barley Soup – If you’re craving something a little more light, this vegetable barley soup will fill you up without weighing you down. It has a medley of colorful vegetables, plus a handful of hearty barley to make sure one bowl fills you all the way up!
- Creamy Mushroom Soup – Creamy and earthy with all those cozy fall flavors in one bowl. Make sure to serve this with some crusty bread for dipping because you won’t want to waste one drop of that delicious broth.
- Smoky Tomato Soup – If you love tomato soup you’ll love this smoky tomato soup made with fire roasted tomatoes, smoked paprika, and a little garlic. It’s a chunkier, smokier, more rustic version of your favorite classic tomato soup.
Easy Soup Recipes
With these easy soup recipes, you’ll never have to wonder what to make for dinner again. These simple soups are quick to prepare, but pack lots of flavor—and they’re even better on cold winter nights. Try one of these satisfying soups for a family dinner or an easy weeknight meal.
- Tomato Herb Soup – This easy homemade tomato soup is made with simple pantry staples, but it packs a big flavor punch! You’ll never go back to canned tomato soup again.
- Vegan Creamy Mushroom Ramen – When time and money are short, there’s nothing like instant ramen to save the day. With a few simple add-ins, this instant ramen is transformed into a gourmet bowl that you’ll want to make over and over again.
- Easy Pumpkin Soup – With just a simple can of puréed pumpkin, vegetable broth, and a few spices, you can create a truly delicious bowl of soup! Keep it simple or get fun with your toppings, either way, you’ll slurp up every last drop.
- Easy Homemade Egg Drop Soup – This deliciously simple egg drop soup comes together in under 30 minutes and is so warm and soothing when you’re feeling under the weather. And it’s easy enough to prepare even when you’re not feeling your best!
- Swamp Soup – Don’t let the name scare you, this rich and hearty tomato based soup is full of vegetables and is super easy to prepare! Plus it freezes great so you can always have some ready to reheat and enjoy on a moment’s notice.
Vegetarian Soup Recipes
To be honest, I love all soups, but some of my favorite soups are veggie-based. They’re great for meatless Mondays or any night of the week. Here are our top five vegetarian soup recipes to get you started. And don’t be fooled, they’re so filling and flavorful that they’re loved by vegetarians and meat-eaters alike!
- Vegan Peanut Stew – If you think a vegetarian soup won’t be filling, think again! This Vegan Peanut Stew is incredibly filling and flavorful. It has a rich peanut based sauce, hearty collard greens, and tender sweet potatoes all in one true meal in a bowl.
- Smoky Potato and Chickpea Stew – This rich vegetarian stew is full of color and flavor. It will fill you up without weighing you down with its chickpeas, tomatoes, potatoes, and kale.
- Vegan Winter Lentil Stew – You won’t believe the flavor in this totally vegan winter stew. It’s rich and hearty, just like a beef stew, but made with vegetables like potatoes, peas, carrots, and celery, plus a healthy dose of lentils.
- Easy Vegetarian Minestrone – This classic vegetarian minestone is a colorful medley of vegetables and beans. This nutrient filled powerhouse is comforting and filling without being too heavy. It’s perfect with saltine crackers, or even a grilled cheese on the side.
- Summer Gazpacho – When the weather’s hot, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy soup! This vegetable soup is served cold and is extra refreshing thanks to fresh cucumber, parsley, cilantro, and lemon juice.
Bean Soup Recipes
Beans are a great source of protein, which makes them a staple in any diet. If you’re looking for a simple and affordable dish that is quick to prepare, give one of these bean soup recipes a try. You can create soups from dried beans or use canned beans if time is an issue. No matter which recipe you choose, you’ll be sure to enjoy hearty and flavorful soups that fill your belly without emptying your wallet.
- Easy Rosemary Garlic White Bean Soup – This simple white bean soup is one of my favorite quickie recipes. It comes together in minutes, is devilishly delicious, and can be customized with a ton of fun toppings.
- Smoky Black Bean Soup – If you’ve got a few cans of black beans, you can make this black bean soup in minutes! Pair it with some homemade cornbread and you’ve got a meal made in heaven.
- Vegetarian 15 Bean Soup – If you appreciate the slow food movement and cooking from scratch, I think you’ll love this 15 bean soup! It starts with dry beans soaked overnight, then simmered with fresh vegetables and plenty of herbs and spices. It’s real food at its best!
- Chunky Ham and Bean Soup – If you’re looking for something a little more fast an easy, this chunky ham and bean soup takes advantage of canned beans and pre-cooked ham. It’s hearty, filling, and WAY better than canned soup.
- Lentil and Sausage Stew – Lentils are awesome for soup becauase they don’t require soaking or long simmer times. This stew is full of TONS of vegetables, lentils, and flavorful spices. Plus it freezes great, so you can always have something healthy and delicious on hand.
Healthy Soup Recipes
For those looking to eat healthier, soup is a wonderful solution. They’re such an easy and convenient way to pack your diet with vegetables and whole grains. From hearty stews to light broths to veggie-packed chowders, these healthy recipes are perfect for vegetarians and meat lovers alike! Check out these healthy recipes for soups that’ll warm your soul!
- Beef and Cabbage Soup – this simple soup is packed with protein, fiber, and flavor. It will definitely fill you up without making you feel overly full or sluggish. Serve as-is or add even more vegetables to meet your daily goals.
- Moroccan Vegetable and Lentil Stew – Not only is this delicious pot of soup full of several vegetables, but it has a powerhouse of flavorful and anti-inflammatory spices, like turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne.
- All You Can Eat Cabbage Soup – This is my version of the classic “cabbage soup diet” soup. Except we like it because it tastes good, not because it makes lofty weight loss promises. This soup is too good for that shtick.
- Chunky Lentil and Vegetable Soup – Lentils, black beans, vegetables. It sounds like it could be boring, but I promise, this soup is anything but! This is the soup that made me fall in love with soup as a meal. It’s so flavorful, and so filling. Plus, look at all those colors and textures! It’s as much of a feast for the eyes as it is for the stomach.
- Tomato Lentil Soup – Did I mention that lentils make good soup? Haha. This lentil soup has a rich tomato-based broth, hearty vegetables like potatoes and carrots, and a little bit of soy sauce for an extra umami-kick!
What soup recipes do you live by? Share your favorites in the comments below!