Budget Bytes Web Accessibility Policy
Do you need assistance accessing something on our website? Email us at [email protected].
At BudgetBytes.com, we’re committed to accessibility. It is our policy to ensure that everyone, including persons with disabilities, has full and equal access to our digital offerings. We strive to meet the following accessibility standards: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA, PDF/Universal Accessibility (PDF/UA) to ensure our digital offerings are ADA Compliant.
Here are just some of the many ways that Budgetbytes.com is accessible and meets the above accessibility standards:
- Descriptive alt text is assigned to every meaningful image on our website
- Our website is navigable without a mouse, by keyboard only
- We use a focus indicator to highlight interactive elements on our website
- We provide closed captioning on all videos
- We provide a text transcript for all video and audio
- We ensure that all text to background color contrast meets a 4.5:1 ratio
- We include a skip navigation link on all pages of our website
- We maintain a consistent and predictable layout throughout our website
- We only integrate and link to third-party apps, scripts, and websites that are meet WCAG 2.0 AA standards
Beyond our existing remediation measures, we continually review our website to ensure we adhere to best practices in web accessibility. We invite feedback from all users of our website to improve accessibility. If you see an area of our website that you think could use improvement, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
Through our genuine and good faith commitment and devotion to accessibility, we believe we meet the digital accessibility requirements imposed by Title I, II, & III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 & 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
[Reader Note: 504 and 508 don’t apply to most private entities and the ADA doesn’t specifically mention web accessibility but both are federal laws that govern accessibility. You may also want to include any state law (e.g. Unruh Act for California) that governs accessibility in your state.]
Budgetbytes.com is committed to accessibility and we are always seeking to improve. If you know of a way we can improve, we’d love to hear more. You can email us at [email protected].
For more information on web accessibility and legal requirements, here are helpful resources: