Here’s a little quickie for you today from week 1 of my 31 Day Vegetarian Challenge! These creamy and spicy Sriracha Chickpea Salad Wraps are super fast and easy to make, perfect for cold lunches to bring to work, and can be customized to include whatever vegetables you have hanging out in the fridge. #sweepthekitchen and leave no vegetables behind!
P.S. I jazzed my Sriracha Chickpea Salad up a bit with cilantro and lemon juice, but if you only have mayo and sriracha on hand, this still makes a really easy and delicious chickpea salad.
Sriracha Chickpea Salad Wraps
Sriracha Chickpea Salad
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas ($0.59)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise ($0.55)
- 1.5 Tbsp sriracha (or to taste) ($0.09)
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro ($0.25)
- 1 tsp lemon juice ($0.04)
- 1/8 tsp salt ($0.01)
- 2 large flour tortillas ($0.48)
- 2 cups spinach ($0.50)
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced or shredded ($0.11)
- 1/2 bell pepper ($0.75)
- Drain the chickpeas, then add them to a bowl with the mayonnaise, sriracha, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt. (You may want to start with less sriracha and add more to taste if you are sensitive to heat). Mash the chickpeas until they are fairly broken down and the dressing ingredients have combined.
- To build the wraps, place the tortillas on a work surface and add half of the spinach, carrot sticks, bell pepper, and sriracha chickpea salad to each one. Fold the sides in toward the center, then roll from the bottom up, like a burrito. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
See how we calculate recipe costs here.
Love chickpea salad? Check out my Pesto Chickpea Salad, Curry Chickpea Salad, or my Scallion Herb Chickpea Salad.
How to Make Sriracha Chickpea Salad Wraps – Step by Step Photos
Drain one 15oz. can of chickpeas, then add them to a bowl along with 1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1.5 Tbsp sriracha (or less to start, you can add more later to taste), about 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro, 1 tsp lemon juice, and 1/8 tsp salt.
Mash the chickpeas until they are fairly broken down and the dressing ingredients have combined.
Now it’s time to build the wraps! On each large tortilla place a handful or a loosely packed cup of spinach, a few thin carrot strips (or shredded carrot), and a few strips of bell pepper.
Add half of the sriracha chickpea salad (about 1 cup) on top of the vegetables.
Fold the sides of the tortilla in toward the center, then roll it from the bottom up like a burrito. Your Sriracha Chickpea Salad Wrap is now ready to eat! You can eat it immediately or refrigerate it for later.
Super tasty!!! Now one of my favourite go-to lunches. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious! I add a hard boiled egg to mine for a little extra protein. Also used parsley instead since I’m not a big cilantro person. A great lunch ☺️