The weather is getting warmer, the sun is shining, and I’m starting to crave light, crisp, and fresh foods! These Chicken Caesar Wraps are light and refreshing, but still big on flavor and filling. These tasty wraps are pretty easy to make, even when you make them all from scratch like we did, but we’ve got some shortcuts you can take too, for when you’re low on time or energy!
What’s in a Chicken Caesar Wrap?
A chicken Caesar wrap has all the fixin’s of a classic chicken Caesar salad (Romaine lettuce, Caesar dressing, chicken, Parmesan, and tomatoes) all wrapped up into a soft flour tortilla. Chicken Caesar salads typically contain croutons as well, but croutons can be large and sharp to bite into in a wrap, so we substituted them with some buttery seasoned breadcrumbs so our wraps would have crunch without the cuts. The combo is absolutely divine!
Low on Time? Use These Shortcuts
I get it, life gets hectic sometimes, so when you’re short on time or energy, use these shortcuts to make these homemade chicken Caesar wraps in less time:
- Instead of using homemade Caesar dressing, use your favorite bottled dressing (I like Ken’s Steakhouse brand or Girard’s).
- Use pre-cooked chicken instead of cooking your own. You can use chopped rotisserie chicken (toss with a little Italian dressing for more flavor), or you can chop some baked breaded chicken breasts.
- If cooking your own chicken, try marinating in more of the Caesar dressing instead of measuring all of the spices below.
- If you have pre-made croutons on hand, crush them slightly and use in place of the buttered breadcrumbs below.
How to Make Chicken Caesar Wraps Ahead
Premade Chicken Caesar Wraps will stay good for about 4-6 hours before they begin to get a bit soft, so if you plan to pack your Chicken Caesar Wraps for lunch, take the following steps to ensure they don’t get soggy along the way:
- Store the chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, and breadcrumbs in separate containers until the day of serving.
- The morning of, combine the ingredients and toss with the Caesar dressing, then wrap in the tortilla. Wrap the entire sandwich in plastic wrap or waxed paper, and keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
Chicken Caesar Wraps
- 2 cups chopped Romaine lettuce ($1.50)
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes ($0.50)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan (grated or shredded) ($0.80)
- 1/3 cup Caesar dressing ($0.90)
- 4 large flour tortillas ($2.15)
- Cut the chicken breast into small ½-inch pieces. Place the chicken in a bowl and add 1 Tbsp olive oil, the Parmesan, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss until the chicken is evenly coated in oil and seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Once hot, add an additional 1 Tbsp olive oil and swirl to coat. Add the seasoned chicken and cook until browned and cooked through (about 5 minutes). If needed, add a couple tablespoons of water to the skillet to loosen the chicken before flipping. Set the chicken aside to cool.
- Next, prepare the buttered breadcrumbs. Add the butter, panko breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a small skillet. Cook over medium until everything is evenly mixed and the breadcrumbs are golden brown (about 3 minutes). Set the breadcrumbs aside to cool.
- Wash, drain, and chop the Romaine lettuce. Slice the grape tomatoes in half. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, cooled chicken, breadcrumbs, and Caesar dressing to a bowl. Toss until everything is evenly mixed.
- Divide the salad mixture between 4 large flour tortillas. Fold and roll the tortillas up like a burrito (bottom first, fold in the sides, then continue to roll to the top). Use a toothpick to hold them closed, slice in half, then serve.
See how we calculate recipe costs here.
How to Make Chicken Caesar Wraps – Step by Step Photos
Cut one chicken breast (about ⅔ lb.) into ½-inch pieces. Toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil, then add 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan, ¼ tsp Italian seasoning, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper. Toss until the chicken is evenly coated in cheese and spices.
Heat a large skillet over medium. Once hot, add another tablespoon of olive oil and swirl to coat the surface. Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through (about 5 minutes). If needed, add a couple of tablespoons of water to loosen the chicken before flipping it to brown on the second side. The water will quickly evaporate, allowing the chicken to brown again.
Allow the chicken to cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients. Wash, drain, and chop 2 cups of Romaine lettuce. Slice ½ cup cherry tomatoes in half. Combine the lettuce, tomatoes, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, the cooled chicken, and ⅓ cup Caesar dressing in a bowl. Toss until everything is evenly combined.
Add 1 Tbsp butter, ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs, ¼ tsp Italian seasoning, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp black pepper to a small skillet. Heat over medium while stirring until the butter has melted and the breadcrumbs have toasted slightly. Add the buttered breadcrumbs to the bowl with the other ingredients.
Toss the filling once again until everything is evenly mixed.
To soften the tortillas slightly and make them more pliable, stack them and heat in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Divide the salad mix between four large tortillas (two pictured).
To fold the chicken Caesar wraps, start by folding the bottom side up and over the filling. Fold in each side to close up the ends, then continue to roll up over the folded sides until you have a burrito-shaped wrap.
Place a toothpick in the wrap to keep it closed, or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or waxed paper. Enjoy within a few hours for the most crunch!