I’ve been making these Cumin Lime Roasted Sweet Potatoes since long before Budget Bytes was started. Why? Because sweet potatoes are delicious and inexpensive, and this particular recipe is easy to prepare and has bright, bold flavors—just my style! I’ve applied this same cumin-lime treatment to countless recipes since then, but pairing it with the subtle creamy sweetness of sweet potatoes will always be my favorite.
What to Serve with Cumin Lime Sweet Potatoes
I kind of made these out of the blue this week because I got one of those sudden cravings, but they go great with any southwest-inspired meal. Serve them alongside dishes like tacos, enchiladas, or grilled meat. Here are a few ideas:
Cumin Lime Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs sweet potatoes ($1.99)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($0.32)
- 1 tsp cumin ($0.10)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/4 bunch fresh cilantro ($0.25)
- 1 fresh lime ($0.33)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch wide sticks. Place the sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the cumin and salt over top.
- Pull the cilantro leaves from the stems and roughly chop. Add about 3/4 of the cilantro to the baking sheet with the sweet potatoes, reserving some to add fresh after baking. Toss the sweet potatoes until they are evenly coated in oil, cumin, salt, and cilantro.
- Roast the sweet potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes, stir, and return to the oven. Roast for about 15 minutes more, or until the sweet potatoes are blistered and browned on the edges.
- After roasting, add the remaining cilantro and squeeze fresh lime juice over top. Serve warm.
See how we calculate recipe costs here.
I’m not kidding when I say it’s hard for me to not just stand over the baking sheet and eat them all in one swoop. 😅
How to Make Cumin Lime Roasted Sweet Potatoes – Step by Step Photos
Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Peel and cut 1.5 lbs. sweet potatoes into 1/2-inch wide sticks. Place the sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with 1 tsp cumin and about 1/4 tsp salt. Pull 1/4 bunch cilantro leaves from their stems and roughly chop. Add about 3/4 of the chopped cilantro to the sweet potatoes, saving the rest to add after roasting. Toss the sweet potatoes until they’re evenly coated in oil, cumin, salt, and cilantro.
Roast the sweet potatoes in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, stir, then return them to the oven. Roast for about 15 minutes more, or until the sweet potatoes are blistered and browned.
Squeeze fresh lime juice over top and add the remaining fresh cilantro.
Serve the Cumin Lime Roasted Sweet Potatoes while warm.
Easy, quick, perfect.