While I was rummaging through my fridge for sauces to dunk my homemade baked chicken nuggets in, I realized the one sauce I really wanted was one that I didn’t have—Honey Mustard Sauce. Luckily, honey mustard sauce takes only a few minutes to whip up and only requires simple pantry staples. This quick Honey Mustard Sauce was so tangy, creamy, sweet, and delicious that I couldn’t stop licking my spoon! Luckily I saved some for my chicken nuggets. :)
Honey Mustard Sauce
What is in Honey Mustard Sauce?
Honey mustard sauce is the most incredible sweet, tangy, and creamy sauce made from simple ingredients like honey, mustard, mayonnaise, vinegar, and a couple spices. It takes only a few minutes to make and can be used several ways. Once you make a batch you’ll likely want to smear a little sauce on just about everything!
How to Serve Honey Mustard Sauce
This week I used it as a dip for my Homemade Baked Chicken Nuggets, but it also works great as:
- a dip for fresh vegetables
- a spread for wraps and sandwiches
- Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad
- dressing for chicken salad
- dressing for green salads
- a glaze or sauce for grilled or roasted meats
How to Store Honey Mustard Sauce
This tasty sauce should definitely be stored in the refrigerator. I don’t suggest keeping the sauce for more than 4-5 days, so make sure you adjust your batch size to the amount you plan on using. This recipe yields about 3/4 cup honey mustard sauce, but the quantity can be adjusted in the “servings” box in the recipe below. All of the ingredients will auto adjust with the change in servings.
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise ($0.80)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard ($0.09)
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard ($0.09)
- 3 Tbsp honey ($0.36)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp paprika ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp salt ($0.02)
- freshly cracked pepper (about 5 cranks of a pepper mill) ($0.02)
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth. Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
Step by Step Photos
There is only one step to this honey mustard sauce! Just combine all of the ingredients (1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp yellow mustard, 3 Tbsp honey, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1/8 tsp paprika, 1/8 tsp salt, and some freshly cracked pepper) in a bowl and whisk or stir until smooth.
Seriously, though. It’s just as delicious and tangy as that looks. Time to start dipping!! …Or drizzling over everything and anything.