A few months ago I made a batch of Honey Mustard Sauce and I literally could not stop dipping broccoli florets into it, so I knew right away that I just needed to make a whole Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad. This salad is incredibly simple, but packed with flavor, and it even holds up in the refrigerator well. This Honey Mustard Broccoli salad makes a great summer side dish, but you could always top it with some grilled chicken and make it a meal!
If red onions are too strong for you, you can use a couple sliced green onions in their place. Another option is to soak your red onion for about 5 minutes in ice water, which will dull its sharp flavor.
Instead of dried cranberries, dried cherries, raisins, or even chopped dried apricots would work well. But I love the contrast of the tart cranberry flavor the best! :)
How Long Does Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad Keep?
Because broccoli is so sturdy, this salad holds up really well in the refrigerator. I’m on day three right now and it’s still quite tasty. The broccoli has only gotten slightly softer, the dressing is still creamy and moist (it hasn’t dried out), and very little water has seeped out of the vegetables. I give it an A- for sturdiness! As usual I would suggest keeping the Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad for a maximum of 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise ($0.80)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard ($0.09)
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard ($0.09)
- 3 Tbsp honey ($0.36)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp paprika ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp salt ($0.02)
- freshly cracked pepper ($0.02)
- 1 large crown Broccoli (about 5 cups chopped) ($1.69)
- 1/4 red onion (about 1/2 cup diced) ($0.11)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds ($0.64)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries ($0.22)
- Prepare the honey mustard dressing by stirring together the mayonnaise, Dijon, yellow mustard, honey, vinegar, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper. Set the dressing aside.
- Chop the broccoli into small pieces. Finely dice the red onion.
- Combine the broccoli, onion, almonds, and dried cranberries in a large bowl. Add about half of the honey mustard dressing and stir to coat. Add more dressing to your liking (I used about 3/4 of the batch).
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Scroll down for the step by step photos
How to Make Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad – Step by Step Photos
First, make the honey mustard dressing. Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 Tbsp yellow mustard, 3 Tbsp honey, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1/8 tsp paprika, 1/8 tsp salt, and some freshly cracked pepper.
Stir the honey mustard dressing ingredients together until combined, then set the dressing aside.
Chop one large crown of broccoli into small pieces. You’ll want about 5 cups once chopped.
Place the broccoli in a large bowl. Finely dice 1/4 of a red onion (about 1/2 cup). Add the onion, 1/3 cup slivered almonds, and 1/4 cup dried cranberries to the bowl with the broccoli.
Add about half of the honey mustard dressing to the broccoli salad, then stir to coat. Add more dressing to your liking. I ended up using about 3/4 of the batch of dressing. If you need some ideas for how to use the remaining dressing, I have a list of ideas in my Honey Mustard Sauce post.
Enjoy the Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad immediately, or refrigerate until you’re ready to eat!