sriracha hummus

$2.37 recipe / $0.47

I never really understood why people say that chocolate is better than sex. Chocolate? Chocolate?! No ma’am. If any food is even going to come close, it’s gonna be this sriracha hummus.

Okay, so maybe I’m just not a chocolate person.

Anyway, I don’t know why I hadn’t put two and two together before or why no one has told me to try this, but sriracha + hummus = heaven. Add an egg, stuff it into a pita, and you’ve got the best damn breakfast sandwich on the planet.

The end.

Sriracha Hummus

Sriracha Hummus

sriracha hummus

• 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas $1.29
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil $0.28
  • ¼ cup lemon juice $0.22
  • ¼ cup tahini $0.81
  • 1 clove garlic $0.08
  • ½ tsp salt $0.02
  • ⅛ tsp cumin $0.02
  • approx. 2 Tbsp sriracha $0.24
  1. Drain the chickpeas and add to a food processor along with the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic (whole is fine), salt, and cumin. Process until smooth, adding water or more olive oil as needed. I usually add ¼ – ½ cup water, but you can olive oil for a creamier hummus.
  2. Start with 1 Tbsp of sriracha and add more to your liking. I like it hot so I added about 2 Tbsp.

For the original plain hummus recipe and three other flavors, check out the original post.

I also can’t wait to try it on my grilled vegetable and hummus pizza!

Sriracha Hummus

1. Beth A says:

I just made this recipe last night and it is fantastic! I used the full 2 Tblsp sriracha and it was perfect :)

Thanks so much for sharing this. I have been looking for new vegetarian recipes and I am excited to try some more from this site :)

2. Lovely Recipe you have shared.. thanks for sharing.. Made the similar recipe of “Hummus” try to visit my place when time permits .. Recipes Passion love to have your feedback; just visiting..
    Happy blogging have a good day.. dear :)

3. Russell says:

Quick and cheap (minus the tahini) and tasty. Discovered my food processor died once i had all my ingredients in its bowl, so I moved everything to my blender and success. I don’t know if it is supposed to be implied in the directions, but I blended in the sriracha after initially blending the step 1 ingredients together for a bit.

4. Wenda says:

I’ve kept quiet, but really, this is AMAZING. I’m thinking up a hundred different excuses to eat it, totally stuffing myself! Many thanks from one of your usually silent followers. :)

5. This is awesome! However, being a new Sriracha fan, I apparently bought a non-spicy version. I used it anyway and the hummus was amazing, just not spicy. Great recipe that I have made twice now (in the same week). I’m looking forward to trying many more of your recipes. Thank you!!

6. Made this tonight for a beer and games night and it was a big hit! And I ended up using more the 2 tblspoons of sriracha and it wasn’t too spicy for my friends! I love your blog, thank you!

7. I love hummus and sriracha alot. I could add it to literally anything but never thought about combining them together. this is certainly being bookmarked :)

8. Well….maybe a Christmas present for youself ?theoatmeal.com/quiz/sriracha_addict

9. Liz – I keep saying that I’ll cook up some dry garbanzos, since I cook most of my other beans from dry, but have yet to do so. I’m sure it would taste much better (more fresh tasting), although it might need a little more salt.

10. do you ever use dried chickpeas?

Wow, this looks awesome! I really like your site by the way. It is really rare that you find a recipe blog where you literally want to try EVERY recipe. Thanks so much!

Mary Ellen

12. This was freakin’ AHMAZING!

Thank you for the recipe. I just made this and it is awesome! :)

14. Best. Dip. EVER.
    That is all. :)

15. Amandie says:

OMG, this stuff is delicious. It reminds me so much of roasted red pepper hummus except it’s yummier and cheaper, haha! I was trying to add some more protein to my late snack so I’d get more full so I added a heaping spoonful of Fage 0% Greek Yogurt into my approx. 2 tbsp hummus. Very delicious! I imagine you could get the same flavor with sour cream if you didn’t have greek yogurt on hand and it makes it really creamier too. I am definitely going to make some sort of x layer dip with my new combination, this blows refried beans outta the water, seriously.

16. This was amazing! I love hummus and sriracha and in this case the sum is greater than the parts. My only issue was a crappy lemon that was all rind and very little juice, so next time I’ll keep an extra lemon on standby.

To ElizabethMD Jewelry: if you can’t find tahini you can easily make it yourself. Homemade tahini is tastier and much cheaper to make than store-bought. It consists of sesame seeds and olive oil….that’s it. I wish I could give you exact measurements, but I can’t. I spread about a 1/4 inch layer of sesame seeds on a small cookie sheet and toast them until they are golden and shiny (about 7-8 minutes). Then I pop them in the food processor and blend in olive oil until it’s the consistency of a loose peanut butter.