I never really understood why people say that chocolate is better than sex. Chocolate? Chocolate?! No ma’am. If any food is even going to come close, it’s gonna be this sriracha hummus.
Okay, so maybe I’m just not a chocolate person.
Anyway, I don’t know why I hadn’t put two and two together before or why no one has told me to try this, but sriracha + hummus = heaven. Add an egg, stuff it into a pita, and you’ve got the best damn breakfast sandwich on the planet.
- 15 oz can chickpeas ($1.29)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($0.28)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice ($0.22)
- 1/4 cup tahini ($0.81)
- 1 clove garlic ($0.08)
- 1/2 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/8 tsp cumin ($0.02)
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha (about) ($0.24)
- Drain the chickpeas and add to a food processor along with the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic (whole is fine), salt, and cumin. Process until smooth, adding water or more olive oil as needed. I usually add 1/4 – 1/2 cup water, but you can olive oil for a creamier hummus.
- Start with 1 Tbsp of sriracha and add more to your liking. I like it hot so I added about 2 Tbsp.
For the original plain hummus recipe and three other flavors, check out the original post.
I also can’t wait to try it on my grilled vegetable and hummus pizza!