A couple of years ago I made these adorable little mini pecan pies, and then last year I did a pumpkin pie version, and now I’m doing it with a savory pie! Or a quiche, rather. These cute little two-bite Mini Broccoli Cheddar Quiches make a fun grab-n-go meal prep breakfast, or a great finger food for brunch or Easter gatherings. They’re so cute that they’re sure to impress any guest!
Can I Make Them Ahead?
These little quiches are definitely best right after baking, although I still enjoyed the leftovers quite a bit. If I were making them for guests, I would definitely make them on the same day as serving. If I were making them for myself, I’d happily eat the leftovers over the span of a few days. The biggest change is that the crust softens as it is stored in the refrigerator. They’ll probably be good for about 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Can You Freeze Mini Quiches?
I did test a couple of the quiches to see if they held up to freezing (mostly for meal prep purposes). I microwaved one straight from the freezer without thawing for one minute and it came out piping hot and delicious, but with a very soft crust. I allowed the second quiche to thaw in the refrigerator over night and then microwaved until warm. That method turned out about the same as the one microwaved straight from the freezer.
Try Different Flavors
You can try swapping out the broccoli and cheddar with different flavor combinations. Here are some other ingredients you can try:
- Sausage (browned)
- Onion (sautéed)
- Bell pepper (sautéed)
- Spinach (sautéed)
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Swiss cheese
- Smoked mozzarella
Mini Broccoli Cheddar Quiches
- 8 Tbsp butter, room temperature ($0.80)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature ($0.58)
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour ($0.07)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Add the room temperature butter and room temperature cream cheese to a bowl. Use a mixer to whip them together until evenly combined.
- Begin stirring in the flour, about ¼ cup at a time, until a dough forms. The dough should be soft, but not sticky.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions (begin by dividing into four pieces, then divide each quarter into three equal-sized pieces). Roll each piece of dough into a ball, then drop each one into the well of a muffin tin. Use your fingers to press the dough down into the center and up the sides of the wells (see step by step photos below for more help).
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, Parmesan, garlic powder, pepper, and salt in a bowl.
- Finely chop the thawed broccoli florets (about 1.5 cups once chopped). Shred the cheddar cheese (about 1 cup shredded). Add the broccoli and cheddar to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide the broccoli cheddar mixture between the twelve mini pie crusts. The liquid egg mixture will not fully submerge the broccoli and cheddar in the crusts, but it will puff up and fill the crust once baked.
- Bake the mini quiches in the preheated oven for 35 minutes or until puffed in the center and golden brown around the edges.
- Carefully transfer the baked quiches to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm, or at room temperature within two hours of baking.
See how we calculate recipe costs here.
How to Make Mini Broccoli Cheddar Quiches – Step by Step Photos
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Add 8 Tbsp room temperature butter and 4oz. room temperature cream cheese to a bowl.
Use a mixer to whip the butter and cream cheese together until well combined.
Begin stirring in all-purpose flour, about ¼ cup at a time, until it forms a dough (it should be similar in texture to playdough). You’ll need to add about 1 cup + 2 Tbsp flour total.
Divide the dough into 12 equal-sized pieces. To do this, divide the dough into four equal-sized pieces first. From there, divide each quarter into three equal-sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place them into the wells of a muffin tin. Use your fingers to press the dough down and up the sides of the muffin tin wells. Make sure to get down into the corners of the well where a lot of the dough can accumulate and get too thick.
Whisk together 2 large eggs, ½ cup milk, ¼ cup grated Parmesan, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp pepper, and ¼ tsp salt in a bowl.
Finely chop ½ lb. thawed frozen broccoli florets. You’ll want about 1.5 cups once chopped.
Add the chopped broccoli and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
Divide the mixture among the twelve mini pie crusts.
Don’t worry if the liquid egg and milk mixture does not come all the way to the top of the broccoli and cheddar. The egg will puff up and surround the broccoli as they bake. Just try to get a fairly even amount in each one.
Bake the broccoli cheddar quiches in the preheated 350ºF oven for about 35 minutes, or until puffed up and golden brown around the edges.
Transfer the mini quiches to a wire rack to cool, then serve. The quiches should just pop right out of the muffin tin if you insert a butter knife between the tin and the side of the quiche. Just be gentle, as they will be slightly soft when hot.
Enjoy warm, or at room temperature within two hours of baking. Or, store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.