Making your coffee at home probably won’t make you suddenly afford to buy a house, but it could help you buy more groceries every week especially when Starbucks is charging $1.25 just to add sweet cream cold foam on top of your drink. 🤨 I’m going to show you just how fast and easy it is to make sweet cream cold foam so you can make yourself a special drink at home and save that $5 for groceries. It adds up fast!
What is Sweet Cream Cold Foam?
Sweet cream cold foam is a lot like whipped cream, except not as stiff. It’s smooth and pourable, but still light, airy, and sweet. You can use it to top both hot and iced coffee drinks and it stirs into the drinks easily to make every sip extra creamy.
Ingredients for Sweet Cream Cold Foam
Making sweet cream cold foam only takes a few ingredients and about 30 seconds. Here’s what you’ll need to make sweet cream cold foam:
- Milk: Make sure to use whole milk to keep the cold foam rich and thick. The milk helps thin the heavy cream just enough to make it pourable once whipped.
- Heavy Cream: Heavy cream whips up into a light and airy foam while staying super creamy.
- Vanilla Extract: A splash of vanilla extract adds to the extra creamy flavor.
- Powdered Sugar: Powdered sugar dissolves quickly and easily into the thick dairy so you aren’t left with a grainy foam.
What Kind of Frother is Best?
If you make a lot of beverages at home, I highly suggest getting one of these little handheld frothers because it will pay for itself in no time. I find myself using it all the time. It whips up this sweet cream cold foam in seconds. You can also whisk by hand or vigorously shake the mixture in a tightly closed mason jar. Make sure the mason jar is at least double the volume of the liquid ingredients to give it room to aerate.
Can you Store the Leftovers?
This sweet cream cold foam is best when used immediately after making, so it’s best to make it in small batches like the recipe below. If the cold foam sits for a while before you pour it onto the drink, it will begin to separate into a stiffer foam layer on top and a fluid milk layer below. If it does separate, you can easily whisk it back together before pouring.
My Favorite Iced Coffee Recipe:
Here’s my favorite way to use the sweet cream cold foam at home. It makes the most delicious fall-flavored iced coffee drink!
- Stir 1 Tbsp maple syrup and a pinch of cinnamon into 8oz. strong hot coffee.
- Pour the coffee over ice.
- Top with the sweet cream cold foam and enjoy!
Sweet Cream Cold Foam
- 1/4 cup whole milk ($0.05)
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream ($0.19)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract ($0.06)
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar ($0.02)
- Add all of the ingredients to a glass or 8oz. jar. Use a milk frother or close the jar tightly and shake the mixture vigorously until it turns into a smooth foam.
- Pour the sweet cream cold foam over a hot or cold beverage immediately, and enjoy.
See how we calculate recipe costs here.
How to Make Sweet Cream Cold Foam – Step by Step Photos
Add ¼ cup whole milk, 2 Tbsp heavy cream, ¼ tsp vanilla extract, and 1 Tbsp powdered sugar to a glass or an 8oz. jar.
Use a handheld frother to whip the mixture into a smooth foam, or close the jar and shake vigorously until it’s a thick, foamy consistency.
Pour the sweet cream cold foam over your favorite coffee drink (hot or cold) and enjoy immediately! If the cold foam sits a few minutes before you’re ready to pour, make sure to whisk it up again briefly before pouring.