Honey + Balsamic Vinegar + Butter = Heaven.
I’m not sure if I really need to say anything more… oh wait, it’s easy too. ;)
I might have to start putting this honey balsamic glaze on everything.
Honey Balsamic Carrots
Honey Balsamic Carrots
- 1-2 lbs. carrots ($0.98)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($0.24)
- 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper ($0.05)
- 2 Tbsp honey ($0.22)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar ($0.80)
- 1 Tbsp butter ($0.10)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Clean and peel the carrots. Cut the carrots into one-inch sections (cut on a diagonal for more visual appeal).
- Cover a baking sheet with foil. Place the carrots on the sheet and drizzle with olive oil and then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss the carrots to coat. Place in the oven and roast for 40 minutes, stirring once half way through.
- During the last ten minutes of cooking, prepare the balsamic glaze. Combine the balsamic vinegar and honey in a small pot. Simmer the mixture over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes or until thickened. Once thickened, turn off the heat and stir in the butter until melted.
- When the carrots come out of the oven, drizzle with the honey balsamic glaze and toss to coat. Serve warm!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Step By Step Photos
Wash and peel the carrots. I used a two pound bag but you will have enough balsamic glaze for up to three pounds.
Cut the carrots (on a diagonal) into one-inch sections. Place the carrots on a baking sheet covered with foil, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Roast in a preheated 400 degree oven for 40 minutes and stir half way through. You can cook them at a higher temperature if needed, but keep an eye on them because they’ll cook faster.
While the carrots are still in the oven, prepare the balsamic glaze. Combine the vinegar and honey in a small pot and simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
Once the balsamic and honey mixture has reduced and thickened, turn the burner off and add the butter. Stir until it is melted in.
When the carrots come out of the oven, drizzle the glaze over them.
Toss the carrots to coat in the honey balsamic glaze. You can do this in a bowl so that you don’t lose any of the delicious glaze.
Serve warm! I garnished with some parsley that I had in the fridge, but it was just for visual appeal.