I wanted to make some green goddess dressing but couldn’t find the herbs that I needed… so I ended up with this instead. I couldn’t be more happy with the result.
This delightfully creamy dressing packs a huge “fresh” flavor punch thanks to the avocado, parsley and lemon. I threw a little garlic in there just to give it some ground and it was absolutely perfect. I realized later that I had bought some green onions with the intention of adding them to the dressing but had forgotten all about them (I’m losing my mind). So, if you have some, try adding a few to the dressing. I bet it would be amazing.
If you have trouble getting yourself to eat vegetables, this will definitely solve the problem. I couldn’t get enough crunchy vegetables dipped in this cool creamy dressing. It’s fairly health too. The buttermilk is made from 2% milk so the fat content isn’t super high. I used light sour cream and mayo and all of the fats in the avocado are very healthy. I gave myself free reign with this dressing and you should too.
Creamy Avocado Dressing
Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 cup buttermilk ($0.53)
- 1/2 cup sour cream ($1.06)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise ($0.42)
- 1 medium avocado ($1.38)
- 1/3 bunch parsley ($0.29)
- 1 tsp minced garlic ($0.12)
- 1 medium lemon ($0.32)
- 1 tsp salt ($0.05)
- to taste freshly cracked pepper ($0.05)
- Rinse the parsley well and shake as much water off of it as possible. Remove the leaves from the stems and add them to a food processor along with all of the other ingredients (buttermilk, sour cream, mayo, avocado, garlic, salt, pepper, and juice from the lemon).
- Puree the ingredients on high until the mixture is smooth and the parsley is in small pieces. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking. Keep refrigerated for up to one week. Serve on salads, as a dip for fresh vegetables or chips, or as a spread on sandwiches.
Step By Step Photos
Wash the parsley off really well and then shake dry. Remove the leaves from the stems and add to the food processor with the rest of the ingredients (buttermilk, sour cream, mayo, avocado, garlic, salt, pepper, and juice from the lemon).
Puree on high until the mixture is smooth and the parsley is in very small pieces. Give it a taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
Serve with fresh vegetables, on a salad, as a chip dip, or a spread on sandwiches. Keep refrigerated for up to one week.