It’s no secret that I don’t like seeing food go to waste. So, when I had a partial bag of potatoes left sitting on my countertop this week, I started looking for a way to use them. A quick look in my refrigerator (for more unused “leftover” ingredients) had me set on Parmesan Roasted Potatoes. A simple mix of grated Parmesan, garlic powder, salt, and pepper makes a deliciously crispy coating on the potatoes once roasted. You can eat these potatoes as a side with your dinner, a snack dipped in ketchup, or even as the base of a breakfast bowl. However you eat them, just be careful because these little guys are addictive!
Post updated 1-11-17
Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lbs russet or red potatoes ($1.20)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley ($0.20)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil ($0.32)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan ($0.55)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder ($0.05)
- Salt and pepper to taste ($0.05)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Wash the potatoes well to remove any dirt or debris. Cut the potatoes into 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes. Spread the cubes out on a large baking sheet in a single layer (if your baking sheet is not non-stick, consider lining it with foil for easy clean up).
- In a small bowl, stir together the grated Parmesan, chopped parsley, garlic powder, and some freshly cracked pepper (10-15 cranks of a pepper mill).
- Drizzle the olive oil over the potatoes, then sprinkle the Parmesan mix over top. Toss the potatoes in the oil and Parmesan until they are all well coated. Give the potatoes one last pinch of salt.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy, stirring once half way through. Total cooking time will depend on the size of the potato cubes. Serve immediately.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Make Parmesan Roasted Potatoes – Step by Step Photos
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Wash 2 lbs. russet or red potatoes, then cut them into 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes. Spread the cubes out over the surface of a baking sheet so they are in a single layer. If you’re not using a non-stick baking sheet, consider linking the baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
In a small bowl, stir together 1/3 cup grated Parmesan, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and some freshly cracked pepper (about 10-15 cranks of a pepper mill).
Drizzle 2 Tbsp olive oil over the potatoes, then sprinkle the Parmesan mixture over top.
Toss the potatoes in the oil and seasoning until everything is evenly coated. Season with one last pinch of salt. Bake the potatoes for about 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring once half way through.
Total cooking time for the Parmesan Roasted Potatoes will depend on the size of your cubes, but they’re done when they’re nicely golden brown and crispy.
It’s really hard to just stare down a baking sheet full of these delicious potatoes, so serve them up while they’re hot!