Italian Wonderpot

Last weekend I got an email from Robyn with a link to this really cool recipe over at Apron Strings. I always love cooking pasta and rice in liquids other than water, so this idea for a one pot pasta dish (which is originally from Martha Stewart Living Magazine) was right up my alley!

This dish is incredibly easy and super flavorful. The pasta cooks in a mixture of broth, herbs, and aromatics, like onion and garlic, which really ramp up the flavor. The starch that leaches off of the pasta as it cooks helps create a thick sauce right in the pot. It’s magic! So fast, so easy, and SO flavorful. I do want to mention, though, that if you’re the type of person that can’t handle pasta any other way than al dente, you may not like this one. The pasta can get a little soft, if you let it cook even just a little too long.

I made a few changes, as usual, to fit my needs. First, instead of using fresh basil, which can cost an arm and a leg, I used frozen spinach for a pop of green and increased the dried basil to make up for the flavor. Second, I wanted more “stuff” in my pasta, so I used a larger can of diced tomatoes and reduced the amount of vegetable broth to compensate. Lastly, I added a light sprinkle of feta over top. Other great ideas for add-ins: mushrooms, parmesan, artichoke hearts, or olives.

I think next time I’ll save adding the frozen spinach until the end so that it will defrost and heat quickly from the pasta’s residual heat. That way the spinach will stay bright green and pretty, and it will not darken the pasta as it cooks. But hey, either way it tasted fantastic!

Italian Wonderpot

• 4 cloves garlic $0.32
  • ½ Tbsp dried basil $0.07
  • ½ Tbsp dried oregano $0.07
  • ¼ tsp red pepper flakes $0.02
  • freshly cracked pepper to taste $0.05
  • 2 oz. feta cheese $0.87
  1. Add four cups of vegetable broth to a large pot. Break the fettuccine in half to make stirring easier later, and then add it to the pot. Also add the canned tomatoes (undrained), olive oil, frozen spinach, onion (thinly sliced), garlic (thinly sliced), basil, oregano, red pepper, and some freshly cracked black pepper.
  2. Make sure the ingredients are submerged under the liquid, place a lid on top of the pot, and then turn the heat on to high. Allow the pot to come up to a full, rolling boil over high heat then remove the lid and turn the heat down to medium.
  3. Allow the pot to continue to boil over medium heat, without a lid, for 10-15 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir the pot every few minutes as it cooks to prevent the pasta from sticking to the bottom, but avoid over stirring which can cause the pasta to become sticky and mushy. The pot must be boiling the entire time.
  4. After the pasta is cooked, crumble the feta cheese over top and serve.

Italian Wonderpot

Step by Step Photos

vegetable bouillonStart with four cups of vegetable broth. I use Better Than Bouillon soup base for all of my broths because it is much less expensive than boxed or canned broths and I can make any amount needed. These little jars last forever in the refrigerator, too, so it’s there whenever you need it. And no, I am not being paid to endorse it. :)

pasta vegetablesThen add this to the pot. I used half a bag, or 8 oz., of frozen spinach. I like to use the kind that is frozen loose in a bag because I don’t even have to bother thawing it, as opposed to the kind that is frozen in a block. Thinly slice the onion and garlic cloves. Add the entire can of tomatoes, juice included. I broke the fettuccine in half before adding it, so that it would be easier to stir later on.

herbsAlso add your herbs and spices. A half tablespoon each of basil and oregano, just a dash (about 1/4 tsp) of crushed red pepper flakes, and as much freshly ground pepper as you’d like. If you haven’t started to use a pepper grinder yet, you need to. The flavor is worlds away from pre-ground black pepper. These little disposable McCormmick pepper grinders are only about $3 and it lasts quite a while.

Italian Wonderpot - Budget BytesOkay, now that everything is in your pot, you’re ready to start cooking. Push everything down so that it’s submerged, place a lid on top, and then bring it up to a rolling boil over high heat.

boilingOnce it reaches a full, rolling boil, you can remove the lid, turn the heat down to medium, and give it a stir. Make sure it’s still bubbling away when you turn the heat down. It needs to continue boiling for this to work. Let it boil for 10-15 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed or evaporated. Only stir once every few minutes to keep the pasta from sticking. Over stirring it can make the pasta overly mushy and sticky.

cooked wonder potAnd then it’s done and it tastes amazing! Cool, huh?

fetaWhenever I buy a block of feta, I go ahead and cut it into four equal pieces so that I already have 2 oz. portions ready to go. I keep the rest in a resealable plastic container in my fridge. Because feta is so potent, you really only need a little to add a lot of flavor!

Italian WonderpotIt deserves a cape for being so amazing. That bowl was gone in 60 seconds.

1. Hah! I just made this recipe on Tuesday! It’s incredible how delicious it is for being so simple. Mine was closer to the recipe from the magazine (no spinach, only salt/pepper for spices, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes), and I added an Italian sheep’s milk cheese called bastardo del grappa (definitely not the most frugal cheese). Delicious!

2. When I first heard of the idea in Martha Stewart Living I was intrigued but the cost put me off. I can’t wait to try your version with gluten free pasta!

• Heather K says:

Let me know how it works with gf pasta. I am concerned that gf pasta might be too starchy for this, depending on what kind you use.

• Candice says:

O please let me know to how it changes with gluten free pasta! Thank you

• Tony says:

I made this last night with Tinkyada fettuccine GF noodles. I think it went a little too long and the noodles were a lottle softer than i like, but it turned out fantastic. I added turkey sausage links, pan seared.

Everything marinates perfectly, and I had it for leftovers today and I think it was eve better a day later.

I will definitely make it again.

• Ali Towne says:

I made this recipe with whole wheat pasta and it was perfect! The noodles stayed al dente and only gained great flavor from the broth. I also added green and yellow bell pepper and doubled the cayenne. It turned out delicious!

• I made this with spaghetti squash last night :) (I have made it before with pasta too)

3. Amanda says:

This. Looks. Awesome. For some protein, would you suggest some browned sausage cut up into links? Either way, I’m gonna have to make this.

4. This looks so good – I love the idea of cooking the pasta right there in the sauce. Can definitely see myself trying this, I think I would add some black olives and a couple of sun dried tomatoes! Delish!

5. It’s like a pasta minestrone!

6. Tapati says:

Definitely trying this and thinking of adding saffron to the broth.

7. Stephanie says:

This sounds delicious! Beth, I really think you should try Cotija cheese over pasta. I made some quick and easy homemade mac’n'cheese for dinner last week and it just was a little too bland for my taste. I looked through my fridge and found some cotija I had leftover from the weekend and sprinkled that over. It crumbles like Feta, it is a little drier and has a salty, nutty flavor I’d say. It was SOO good! I see you use Feta on pasta a lot so I’m sure you’ll like it.

• Ooh, I’m going to have to find some of that cheese!

• Gina says:

Cotija is pretty easy to find, and it is delicious! I made roasted corn slathered in mayonnaise, paprika, parsley, and Cotija and it was amazing.

8. diane says:

I pinned the martha stewart version the other day and just saw your pin – I have to say I LOVE your changes and will be making your version tonight! Love your blog thank you posting such delicious and affordable meals!!

9. Lyndsay says:

Looks amazing!

10. Tapati says:

Oh yeah, saffron baby, two pinches. I also added white beans and am using fresh grated parm on top. Oh and I added a quarter tsp crushed fennel seeds. I sauteed my onions and threw the seeds in there just before adding the liquid and remaining ingredients.

11. Oh my… this looks and sounds wonderful!

12. I made this for dinner tonight, with some modifications — I used fresh basil, because I grow it myself so it’s quite cheap, and I added some sausage. Also used swiss chard from my freezer in place of the spinach. No cheese, though. It was a big hit! Some online friends recommended your site. Thank you!

13. Sarah says:

I love the fact that nearly every recipe you post, i only have to buy a few ingredients and have most of them already. So awesome and can’t wait to try this

14. Maia says:

Easy, cheap, yummy, and I had all the ingredients. This recipe came at the perfect time as my family and I are trying to stave off grocery shopping for a few days…

I used whole wheat spaghetti noodles, which worked great as long as you are already adjusted to whole wheat noodles. I subbed a cup of marinara sauce for the canned tomatoes, and I added a chicken breast for a little protein. Turned out great!

15. MrsJoseph says:

This looks divine!

What would you recommend as far as proteins to go in this? I really HAVE to have protein at almost every meal and I was thinking a nice Italian sausage? I have some homemade veggie broth that I think I’ll use with this.

• Yeah, Italian sausage would be awesome. I would brown it in a separate skillet and stir it in at the end, though, to keep it from getting water logged.

• Esther says:

I am making this tonight and had a question about the meat. Would the Italian sausage still be waterlogged even if I took it out of the casing?

• Great Northern or kidney beans would be a good protein source as well.

16. janmaus says:

Looked so spectacular that I tried it last night–and I’m growing lots of fresh basil which I added with the spinach. I like onions pretty well cooked, so sauteed the onions, garlic, and a handful of sliced mushrooms briefly in the olive oil, then proceeded as instructed. It was delicious–and beyond easy.

17. Oh man. I just saw your pin, looked at the ingredients to make sure I had everything, and started cooking. Within 18 minutes of seeing the pin I was blowing on a ridiculously delicious bowl of pasta. My only changes were using one 14 oz can of fire roasted tomatoes with a 14 oz can of normal diced tomatoes and fresh spinach instead of frozen since that’s what I had on hand.

I’m sure I’ll be making this again, thanks for the recipe!

18. i love the name of this recipe! with a name like wonderpot, it has to be wonderful, right?! :)

19. Beth says:

I used homemade chicken broth and added leftover chicken. I also used lots of stuff out of my garden, some fresh & some dehydrated, – onion, garlic, spinach, tomatoes, and crushed red peppers.

It was fantastic! I think next time we will try it with the Italian sausage – that sounds good!

20. I was about to order in the other evening when I thought, “let me see what Beth has going.” This turned out to be lovely. Thanks so much. I love one-pot dishes.

21. Kathy says:

I completely agree about the “better than bouillon” I just tried it for the first time and I love it. I also love the fact that the listed ingredients is not full of chemical names. :D

22. Weird question: I have a bunch of quinoa I need to get rid of. Do you think I could replace pasta with quinoa? I’m thinking I would use 1.5 cups dry which is 6 servings of quinoa but I’m not sure how I would incorporate it into the recipe.

• Hmm, honestly I don’t think it would work with quinoa because it doesn’t have the starchiness that pasta does and that’s pivotal for the sauce. BUT, if you’re brave and try it anyway, please let us know how it turns out!

23. Any reason I could not just mince the garlic instead of slice it? (for easiness purposes)

I have never sliced garlic. What does that do vs minced? Just a texture issue?

24. Jane says:

I am always looking for dinners that will please the vegetarians and the meat-eaters in my family, and this was perfect! My husband even said “I’d be a vegetarian myself if every meal was this good.”

I used fresh spinach because that’s what I had on hand – I just tossed in a bunch right at the end and stirred it up ’til it was wilted. Delicious!

Thanks for this – we’ll definitely be having it again at our house.

25. Alexa says:

I made this last week based on a another blogger’s recipe with some chicken meatballs. It is wonderful!! With some of my leftovers, I added a handful of toasted pine nuts and it was blissful.

26. Geniene says:

This is the first recipe I have made from your site and I was thoroughly impressed! It tasted even better the next day!
    I made a menu plan for my week that is all budget bytes based on the recommendation of a friend and now I can’t wait to taste them all! Thank you so much for this amazing site!

27. Lisa says:

Excellent! I used mushroom base from the same makers as the bouillon and also used cut up fresh mushrooms with the spinach and the 1 can of tomatoes! A real winner! Thank you so much for all the inspiration you have provided! I wonder if the brand of pasta makes a difference in the starch/thickening? I used TJ’s brand and noticed it didn’t release as much starch as some of the more mainstream brands.

28. This looks delicious! And really easy to make.
    I get basil and other herbs at my local WinCo for like a dollar a bunch. I wonder if there are any bulk food type stores around where you live. They can have some crazy good deals!

29. Dave says:

I made this last night…. it went together so easy and was super good! Plus, I have plenty leftover for lunch.
    I love cooking it all in one pot. After working all day, I love these sorts of recipes that are easy, mindless and don’t make a big mess!
    I made it just as listed. It was very good!

30. SO happy you had success with this recipe! Isn’t it fabulous?!

31. Christine says:

Just made this for dinner. It’s just all sorts of fantastic! Thank you!

32. saw this first in Culinary Content or Breaking Bread on FB. Then, saw it on Tasteologie. Had to see the recipe. will definitely be trying this one. thx for sharing.

33. Insane24Se7en says:

Tried this recipe the other night and tossed some canned clams in there for good measure. Twas delicious.

34. This was SO good. I was able to make this in its entirety while my husband was walking the dog yesterday evening. We added kalamata olives and feta at the end as suggested. Yum! Cold leftovers for lunch today were good too!

35. I love the new layout Beth! Also this recipe looks delicious, as usual.

36. mona says:

This looks amazing. Has anyone tried this with spaghetti instead? I have lots of that on hand sand really want to give this recipe a go.

37. MickNH says:

Wow, this was really good. I was really concerned for how much liquid there was until I added the fresh spinach (yes I went off recipe).

I was just as happy having leftovers for lunch today.

38. I made the Wonderpot for dinner tonight. It certainly IS a WONDERPOT! My extremely picky, meat and potatoes 8 year old son LOVED it and asked me to make it for his birthday dinner…in JANUARY. My 2 year old daughter devoured it. It is a great way to get spinach into both of them, too! Thanks for posting this, Beth!

39. Joyce Linnae says:

I made your recipe for my husband on Monday night and it was awesome! I substituted farfalle/bowtie pasta for the noodles and they held up really well during cooking. We were tempted to eat it when it was halfway cooked because it smelled so great and looked like a terrific soup. We waited patiently until all of the liquid was absorbed, but I’m going to make it in the winter and stop cooking it at the soup stage. Great recipe and so easy! :>)

40. Michael T. says:

Made this recipe today. Subbed the feta for crumbled blue cheese (personal preference). It was fantastic. The spinach was a great touch!

41. Katie says:

So I saw a pretty close recipe on another website and tried it. I thought it was really slimy, and tasted too much like one of those “pasta sides” packets of pasta. Would that be from the broth? In the original Martha Stewart recipe she just used water, do you think that would take some of the slimy-ness out of it?

• The sliminess is due to cooking the pasta in a small amount of water until it’s thickened/reduced. Normally, you boil water first, add the pasta, and then immediately drain off that starchy cooking water. The starch in the cooking water is what gives it that thick/slimy texture. The only way to truly avoid that is to cook the pasta separately and then add it to the rest of the ingredients later. The “pasta side packet” flavor (haha, that made me smile) might be due to the broth. Maybe try a different brand – all broths are not made equal. I really like the Better Than Boullion brand soup bases.

42. Ken Catsmeow05 says:

Yeah I love “Better than Bouillon” too!

43. Shannon B says:

I made this last week (with gluten free noodles) and it was a huge hit! My husband and three year old couldn’t get enough. We even had it for lunch the next day and it was delish. Thank you for all the great recipes.

44. Lucy says:

A new fav!!!

45. Fantastic recipe! It is so easy to make with tons of flavor. My boyfriend even loved it and he likes his meals with meat.

46. Made this on Monday and it was a huge hit with my family. Thank you!

47. Teresa says:

I’ll be trying this soon with chicken stock (just because I always have it in the freezer)–will let you know how that variant works.

48. Victor says:

I made this last night for my family and it was fantastic! It is so easy and so tasty! I added fresh mushrooms and some parsley from our garden. Yummy! We love your recipes and your website! THANK YOU!

49. Made this tonight, so amazing! I added some parsley and sautéed the garlic and onion with some mushroom. That combination was stellar!

50. I made this last night, and it was totally a big hit with my partner and some friends. Even my extremely picky buddy was asking for seconds! Totally awesome recipe!

51. I made this tonight, and either my kitchen scale needs to be replaced or I needed to use loads more pasta for this to work, which was just fine since I buy my pasta in bulk. Some of it went a bit mushy but that’s because I didn’t realise it wasn’t working as well as I’d have liked until the original pasta was cooked, had to add more. At least I know this for next time though! Besides the amount of pasta issue it turned out really well, and I now have loads left over, which is great! Definitely put this in my rotation for days I’m feeling really lazy.

52. Jamie says:

OMG this was seriously incredible! I have not tried anything on your site that I don’t like and this was certainly another hit. When I made it after work last night for dinner, I had two servings, it was just that delicious. I even brought it to work today for lunch and everyone was telling me how great my lunch smelled. I seriously tell all my co-workers and friends about your site! Thank you for another great recipe :)

53. Diana says:

I know it’s not budget friendly, but I skipped the feta cheese and fried up some pancetta and sprinkled with parmesan. yum!!

54. Made this tonight for my dad and I. The biggest compliment I can pay you is that it didn’t serve 6 at all, it served 2! ;)

55. Joanna says:

I made this using canned tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano already in the can. Didn’t cost any extra, and that’s 4 ingredients in one! I also sauteed the onions a bit before adding everything else. I really don’t like raw onion and I was afraid the onion wouldn’t be fully cooked in just 10 minutes. Really great dish, thanks!

56. Jillian says:

I am currently making this for an early lunch/dinner since I have to be to work by 5pm. It smells amazing! Thanks for the awesome, easy, cheap recipes! Keep up the awesome cooking.

57. This recipe looks really good. I can’t wait it give it a try.

58. Mellie G. says:

Hi Beth!

Thanks for always posting such fantastic recipes! As a quasi-vegan (still eating shellfish but thats it….man do I ever miss cheese) I love that many of your recipes are veg or can easily be made veg for those inclined to do so.

As a person who prefers my pasta al-dente I decided to experiment and rather than use 4 cups of broth I only used 3. I had to really stir the pasta a lot to make sure it didnt stick together as there was less water to keep it floating around. In the end the pasta wasnt quite al dente but it wasnt super soft either so I was very pleased with the results :)

This recipe is so delicious I’m making it again tonight which will be the 3rd time in 2 weeks!

59. Elizabeth P. says:

How do you think this would taste with chicken broth?

60. Zanna says:

Love this recipe! Its so quick and easy and the red pepper flakes add just the right amount of zing.

61. Lindsey says:

Absolutely loved this one! Made it exactly as written, except I added a bit more veg broth to adjust for the longer cooking time at high altitude. Served with garlic bread, and will be enjoying the leftovers for lunch all week. Thanks for another great recipe!

62. 'leen says:

It is cooking as I type this. I also added sausage (leftover) and used fresh basil instead of spinach. I think next time I’ll add shrimp… the aroma is beginning to permeate the kitchen… can’t wait to dig in.

63. 'leen says:

Okay, we just finished out Italian Wonderpot dinner. It was deeeeeeeeelishussssssss!

64. Maebe says:

I’ve made this several times and it’s a huge hit! We love it best with lots of fresh spinach & basil, and fire roasted tomatoes. I’ve found that putting about half the tomatoes under the pasta greatly reduces the chance that your pasta will stick to the bottom of the pot. I’ve passed this recipe to several friends, and they love it, too.

65. Alissa says:

I’ve been obsessed with this recipe and I’m glad to see you’re posting it too! This blog is just my favourite ever for recipes. I also added spinach and mushrooms to my original attempt at it which turned out wonderfully. I also recommend adding shrimp, which turned out delicious too (I’m a vegetarian morphing into pescetarian for the sake of weight loss goals and that was an easy way to beef up the protein).
    I tried it once with a quinoa pasta (a blend of corn starch and quinoa) and it turned out reasonably well, but I don’t think I’d do that again.

66. Renee says:

This looks WONDERful! I think I’m going to get a rotisserie chicken and throw it all in the crockpot right after work so it will be ready for dinner.

67. Amanda says:

This was an awesome quick weeknight meal! I used chicken better than bullion because thats what I had and the flavor was great. I am always worried about serving my “meat and potatoes” husband a meatless meal but he enjoyed it too – its a keeper! Im eating the leftovers for lunch right now !

68. I made this tonight with some minor changes – no olive oil, added a bay leaf and 1C of tomato sauce. So delicious and easy, in the future I may add peeled and deveined shrimp in the last 5-8 minutes as well!

69. Vanessa Pritchard (@Vernasta) says:

Bloody brilliant mate. Did this last night and used brown rice pasta from Trader Joe’s, stock that I’d made, fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, zucchini and Swiss chard. Trying to avoid dairy I omitted the cheese (which, unfortunately, would have improved it exponentially), but it was still delicious. The starch from the pasta that cooks into the stock makes it wonderfully saucy. Very time friendly! I will be converting the leftovers into noodle fritters, which I found on this website:

I was linked to YOUR site from THEIR site and I am just loooooving this!

70. Nicole says:

I made this tonight and it was so delicious!! The only thing I did different was use garlic roasted fettuccine…I will make it again very soon! Thank you.

71. Janet says:

I made this tonight. OMG, it was amazing. Stuck to the recipe (always do the first time I make a new recipe) so easy, and so so good! My family loved it. I will make it again real soon. Thanks!

72. So I tried this tonight and it was amazing! I thinly sliced 2 chicken breasts and added them about 5 minutes after I turned it down to medium, then I added fresh basil and fresh spinach at the end. I left out the red pepper and wish I hadnt, but otherwise it was PERFECT!

73. Sarah says:

This was sooo good! :) Thanks for posting it. I don’t really like spinach but it was stellar in this dish! :) I like your site- thanks again for posting great recipes.

74. I’m making this right now, using DeBoles gluten free spaghetti (could not find GF fettuccine), it has about 4 more minutes to go, it’s looking more like a very thick chili rather than the noodle structured dish pictured, I’m certain it has to do with the noodles…but I don’t care, can’t wait to taste it!

75. This was delicious! My husband and I are both Italian and were skeptical about everything in one pot, but it was amazing! Added fully cooked spinach and chicken sausage right into the boiling water. Yum.

76. Can I freeze this? I’m leaving out the onion and cheese and likely adding mushrooms. Thanks!

77. Lynsi says:

This was also fantastic with roasted red peppers and frozen artichokes. And, sans, cheese, wonderful and easy vegan dinner!

78. laura says:

hello!! may I suggest you a couple of things? I’m pretty sure this recipe tastes really good, so it looks, but I’m italian and I can tell you: this is not really an italian recipe…
    I like cooking (and eating) but I’ve never seen this before.
    first of all, if you are a true italian, you do not break the spaghetti or all the “long pasta”. never! hihih :)
    the fettuccine in the pic look more like linguine, just to be precise.
    the way you cooked them looks a bit like the one we use to cook a risotto, so it is interesting, but I think that we (italian) would make a sauce with the ingredients first, boil half time the pasta in water and finish it in the sause.
    we do not use all that garlic and usually we do not mix onion and garlic.
    last suggestion: if you can find “ricotta salata”, a goat cheese, use it in place of the feta.
    p.s.: is fresh basil really expensive in the usa??
    you do not have to publish this post. I just wanted to share my thought. hope doesn’t bother you :)

• Yeah, it wasn’t really meant to be authentic Italian by any means :) You’re always welcome to share your thoughts! …and yes, unfortunately fresh basil is very expensive here. :(

79. Miranda says:

Made this for dinner last night. Definitely a keeper. I think next time I’ll either add less liquid, or will wait a bit to throw the pasta in. At the end of cooking, the pasta was done, but the liquid hadn’t evaporated much…leaving it more like a soup. The pasta was in the verge of mushy and overdone, and I like mine more on the al dente side :)
    Overall it’s a good, cheap, and relatively healthy meal using ingredients I almost always have on hand. :)
    Thank you!

• Mine was a bit liquids since I added a can of canneneli beans with the liquid and fresh spinach. A couple tablespoons tomato paste helped tightened it up. It was delish and a huge hit. Thanks!

• Mine was a bit liquidy since I added a can of canneneli beans with the liquid and fresh spinach. A couple tablespoons tomato paste helped tightened it up. It was delish and a huge hit. Thanks!

• Ethan says:

Yeah, mine came out very watery too. It’s probably it’s my own fault — the recipe said “make sure that the water covers everything”, and mine didn’t, so I added a couple extra cups of water. I also only cooked it 12 minutes, because I was afraid the pasta would overcook. I added a few tablespoons of tomato paste as suggested above and put it on for a few more minutes, and that seemed to help. I’m not sure how much of the liquid was absorbed versus just evaporated!

I did try to add the spinach towards the end, but since it was frozen and the recipe clearly states that the pasta shouldn’t stop boiling, I didn’t really know what to do except add it in small chunks.

I would have found it helpful if the recipe had said what to do if the water didn’t cover the ingredients, and how to handle the frozen spinach! But I guess we’re all just experimenting here.

80. Luanne Burns says:

This was a great recipe. It was quick and very easy to make. It also made nice size portions. I am also Italian so I substituted parmesan cheese for the feta and added a little more seasoning. Had I thought of it the ricotta salata would have been an excellent choice. Even though it is not authentic it is still a great recipe I will be making again.

81. Leigh says:

Mmm. This was so yummy! Everyone loved it and it fed all five of us. I did substitute crushed tomatoes for diced since the hubby doesn’t like tomatoes. Thanks for the recipe!

82. Beth, Have you ever reworked this technique with other flavor profiles? I’m specifically thinking about asian (Thai?) flavors and rice noodles. Chili paste, lime, cilantro, shrimp or chicken…. You’re so good at playing with recipes and flavors, I’d be curious to see how it would come out!

• I haven’t yet, but I sure would like to! I’m curious whether or not non-wheat noodles, like the rice noodles, would work. I’ll have to start thinking something up! :)

83. Sharon says:

Has anyone made this recipe with shrimp? I think it would be good, but not sure when to add the shrimp.

• Hmm, I think I would add the shrimp towards the end. It doesn’t take long to cook shrimp and if you over cook it, it will become rubbery. It will only need a few minutes in that boiling liquid.

84. Tonya says:

I found your dish on Pinterest at lunch and made it for dinner and added sweet Italian sausage. It was a huge hit.

85. Marcy says:

Will using chicken stock instead of broth ruin the flavor?

86. Marcy says:

I meant vegetable. Will vegetable stock instead of broth ruin the flavor?

87. Amber says:

The only thing I changed was chicken broth instead of vegetable, and added shredded parmesan instead of feta. LOVED it!

88. Kathie says:

My husband, who still at 49 years old, doesn’t like his food to “touch”… :-) looked over the side of the pot and asked one of our four daughters and said, “what’s this???” I had put Gimme Lean sausage in it as well. It was amazing — and he LOVED it! Just one more amazing recipe from this site!
    Thanks so much!

89. Nicole says:

This was good. My little boys said it would have been better with Italian sausage. It was awesome to put this all in one pot though. I put mozzarella cheese on top and I used fresh kale because I had no spinach.

90. Allison says:

Made this tonight. I hate hate hate tomatoes (I know, I know, I’m a terrible foodie). I upped the broth to five cups, and roasted a red pepper to substitute. I topped it with Parmesan, because that’s what was in my fridge. The result was delicious, and rather Mediterranean. It would have been amazing with some olives. Next time. I never would have tried cooking everything in one pot, thanks for posting the recipe!

91. Jeanette says:

I used Egg noodles in this recipe today which was my first time making this, people please do not sub egg noodles for this recipe its not very good its just plain to thick. Over all minus the egg noodles this would have been a great recipe and adding beans to this instead of meat would be great. Thank you for sharing your version.

92. Andrea says:

Beth, you truly have a way with pasta. I made your dragon noodles and loved them so much that I had to try this recipe! I love that it is easy to make with what you already have at home…I didn’t have every ingredient, so here is what went into mine: chicken broth, the spices (had to sub garlic powder for garlic cloves), onion, pasta, one smaller can of diced tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce, and browned spicy Italian sausage. I topped it with Monterrey jack cheese. I love that you can just cook everything together in the same pot! :)

93. Hi,I just made this recipe tonight. It is delicious! Everyone loved it. The next time I make it, I am going to add either cannellini beans or pre-cooked sausage near the end of cooking time. Thank you

94. Katharine says:

I made this last night for my first time hosting dinner for my partner’s mom and sister. Everybody loved it and it was so easy! It really made the evening run smoothly. I added a can of white beans for some added protein, which worked perfectly. My partner even enjoyed the leftovers for dinner tonight.

95. Rainy says:

White wine would fabulous in the broth. I’m adding diced cooked chicken as my hubby doesn’t think it’s dinner without meat ;)

96. sarah says:

i made this tonight for the first time, 6 of 7 of us loved it! even my pickiest eater loved it! i’ll definitely make it again! thanks for your wonderful recipes.
    (i had some sausage meat and cooked up mini meatballs and added them- it was tasty) :)

• Dorothy says:

ooh, mini meatballs, great idea! :) did you saute them first or just drop them in raw?

97. Jessie says:

I made this tonight for dinner with some homemade pasta (it was my day off and I wanted to do something special) and is was FANTASTIC! I just brought the sauce to a boil and cooked my pasta in it for 7 minutes, then scooped it out. I have lots of sauce left over, so I can’t wait to make some more tomorrow! In the future I would love to add some artichoke hearts, and maybe some Italian sausage if I can get my hands on any!

98. Lindsay says:

Made this today and it was so so good! I only had 10 oz of pasta and had 21 oz of tomatoes so of course it was a bit liquidy. I just stirred in some corn starch to thicken up the liquid and it worked like a charm! I think adding cornstarch would also work if you wanted to use non-starchy noodles. It’s gluten free and would provide the missing starch.

99. Marcy says:

I made this a few weeks ago and it was SO good. Want to make it again tomorrow, however I don’t have fettuccine noodles. Would it work just as well with penne or farfalle noodles?

100. ItaRay says:

Just made this & it was SCRUMPTIOUS!!! I used fresh veggies & Parmesan cheese! I sure will be making it again & again!!!

101. The saddest part in making this was I burned a solid layer onto the bottom of my pot. The instructions say to stir it minimally, so I tried to stir as little as possible. Perhaps I was cooking too hot?

Otherwise, it was delicious.

• Yes, it sounds like the heat was a little too high. Unfortunately heat level is always going to vary a little bit with the type of stove top you have (gas, electric, induction) and how thick or heavy your pots or pans are. But, now you know for next time! :)

102. Jennifer says:

This turned out to be a big pot of spinach with some noodles in it. Leave out the spinach and it will be decent.

103. Stacy G says:

Making this right now for dinner. =) Thanks for sharing the recipe! I omitted the basil, simply because I didn’t realize until it was too late that I was missing it! Also, using parmesan rather than feta since that is what I have on hand. Looks great so far! Thanks again for sharing! =)

104. Deebi27 says:

This is obviously a huge hit and after I get to the store I am going to try this…with italian sausage! I can taste it now!!!

I rate it 5 stars, because I know it will be that yummy!!

105. Jessica says:

This meal exceeded my expectations!Took maybe 30 minutes. Added mushrooms and smoked kielbasa towards the end. Also used kale instead of spinach. Made an effort to not stir to often to prevent slimminess. I will be adding this to my regular meal plans. Love it!

106. Mara Bee says:

I know the McCormick spices are cheap, but you’d cut costs even more, and waste, by switching to using bulk spices from the bin! That way: if you need something special, you don’t have to buy a large quantity of it, can try new spices at a lower cost, and often bulk spices are fresher than the bottled variety.

Happy cooking!

107. Thanks for sharing another great recipe, Beth. I made this last night and am enjoying leftovers for lunch! it was better than I’d thought it would be, and I had thought it would be really good. I’m not a huge onion fan, so I swapped them for a package of mushrooms. Thanks for this easy, healthy, delicious recipe.

108. Crystal A says:

I have made this twice now. It is so delicious, easy, and quick. I love that all the ingredients are things I can keep in the pantry. And throw it together on a busy weeknight. I think the feta is the crowning glory, but since my husband doesn’t care for feta he puts parm on it.

109. another amazing meal from Budget Bytes! I sauteed the onions and garlic before adding everything else, and added a can of mushrooms. I put the pasta on top of the pot instead of near the bottom and just pressed down to submerge. it cooked perfectly! the first helping was a little sauce-y, which was perfect for dipping our crusty bread. By the time we were on to 2nd helpings, most of the liquid had been absorbed by the pasta.

we served this with some Italian turkey sausage links. it made a HUGE pot, and we’re looking for ward to lunch leftovers tomorrow! YUM!

110. Seriously, this is some sublime stuff. It tasted like it was from Olive Garden, but in a really good way – full of flavor and prepared in such a way to give even the standard American palate a total jolt.

Also, we found this to be incredibly easy. I couldn’t help but take two bowls full as it was so yummy. Definitely a new go-to, especially when money is tight! Crazy good.

111. Dorothy says:

Made this tonight with a couple of tweaks – Used water and 4 tsp Better Than Bouillon chicken paste (instead of vegetable broth), and I added 1 lb of browned ground turkey at the last 5 minutes. I also subbed freshly shredded Parmesan for the feta Simple & tasty. Everybody LOVED it. Will definitely make this again. Yumm yumm! Thanks again Beth! :)

112. I have now made this recipe twice for my husband and I and LOVE it! Of course I have made some changes in regards to what veggies I have added, infused oils, but the main recipe is there and it is delicious!

113. erin says:

I threw in a can of white beans and used parm instead of feta. This dish is AMAZING. It makes enough to feed even the hungriest 6 people on a shoe-string graduate student budget. Make this immediately! I froze a bunch of leftover, too.

114. Claudia says:

I just made this and it’s super-tasty! I’m doing Weight Watchers and this is a great meal for that, because one serving — not including any parmesan — is only 8 points :-)

115. courtney says:

Yummy, made exactly as written but topped with thinly sliced grilled Chicken breast marinated in balsamic and o.o with garlic. The whole family loved it, will be making this again. Just found your site and have tried 3 recipes so far. They have all been fantastic and I look forward to seeing more.

116. Sara says:

Made this last night, and it is probably the yummiest thing I’ve ever made! And so easy and fast! I only cooked for two so we have lots of leftovers for lunches this week. The only thing I did differently was to use just a pinch more oregano and basil, and I doubled the red pepper flakes because I love red pepper.

117. I had to alter the ingredients since, I never buy vegetable broth – only chicken. It turned out great. Luckily, I had a little bit of feta cheese or else it wouldn’t have tied together so perfectly. It was super easy, super quick and SUPER filling. I did eat till I was full with my partner and there were still leftovers. It didn’t even feel like I used that many ingredients. In fact, I think I only used half of every ingredient besides the broth. I will definitely make this again. :)

118. Marta says:

YUM! I have this sitting on my desk next to me as I type, and it’s everything I can do not to bury my face in it! I followed the directions except for using one can of fire roasted tomatoes like someone had suggested, and some kalamata olives in addition to the feta on top. SO GOOD! I’m defiantly going to have to make this all the time now!

119. Lynea says:

Just made this…had everything I needed in the fridge/cabinet! What a better, “just throw something quick together for dinner” than frozen pizza!!! I feel so fancy now. :) So VERY delicious. Thanks!!!

120. Megan says:

Instead of spinach, I put carrots, mushrooms, and red bell pepper. It came out pretty good.

121. Rebecca says:

I made with gluten free brown rice pasta and it worked great. Also added meat from a rotisserie chicken when the liquid had almost been absorbed.

Stretched it to 8 servings, at least!

122. Rachael K says:

I made this last night and loved it! I used angel hair pasta (just because I already had some) and I had some fresh spinach I needed to use, so I chopped it up instead of using frozen. Other than that I followed the recipe. It was so good! I loved the feta cheese on top! I might have to try some of the changes other people suggested. Oh! The best part is how fast this dinner came together! Thanks for a keeper! (I’d give it 5 stars for myself, but my kids didn’t love it, so I’ll have to go with a 4 due to their votes.)

123. Katie says:

I have to say, I was skeptical that this recipe was going to work out for me. It took me a little longer than 15 minutes for the sauce to reduce, but the end result was excellent: the most flavorable pasta I’ve managed to make thus far. I like heat, so I used Hunter’s spicy red pepper and diced tomatoes.

124. Justine says:

Just made this tonight. It was seriously AMAZING. Super easy to make as well. Thanks for the recipe!

125. Allison says:

Yum! I just made this for my dad and his fiancee. I added smoked salmon and some prawns to make it fancy cuz I was entertaining and it was delish! I used fresh spinach and fresh pasta so good! Thanks!

126. Wow, I’ve been making a dish very similar to this for a long time and didn’t even know there was a recipe for it! Family will get a kick out of this! We love it. Very easy to make and tastes great!

127. Ally says:

This was delish! I left out the spinach (because I didn’t have any on hand), used whole wheat linguine noodles (again- it’s all I had), added some mozzarella on top and served it with steamed chicken that I had marinated in balsamic vinaigrette. AMAZING! Not only was it pretty but tasted perfect. Everyone who was over ooohh’d and ahhh’d. Little do they know how easy it was:)

128. Mandi says:

I made this for my family of 3 last night – and oh my goodness it was yummy! It wasn’t spicy so my daughter (who has geographic tongue) could enjoy it. I added a ton of veggies: broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, and mushrooms and the kids ate every bit of it. We had enough left over for dinner again, so I added a bit more broth to moisten it, added some cooked chicken breast and made a pasta bake – another big hit =)

129. Asai says:

Thank you for this wonderful recipe! I did slightly deviate from your ingredient list a bit by using 3 large fresh tomatoes instead of the canned tomatoes and adding an extra 3/4 cup of water. We didn’t have feta cheese on hand but used parmesan cheese instead and it added a nice touch. This slight deviation made for a delightfully fresh and clean flavour and I can’t wait to see how this dish will taste after it sits for a day.

Again, thank you for the lovely recipe and keep up the great work!

130. Carrie says:

This was SO good! I used fresh spinach and parmesan instead of feta, and it was divine. So much wonderful flavor

131. noel says:

Since I am plant based I am going to use my own homemade broth and Butler Soy Curls in place of any other meat! No cheese! Can’t wait to try it!

132. Rhonda S says:

Loved this, for ease and taste! Boyfriend and I each had 2 meals from the batch I made and then, *brainstorm,* I used the 2+ cups that were still left over to make a frittata. 6 beaten eggs poured over the remaining wonder pot goodness into a 10 inch cast iron pan and, voila, brunch is served. Thanks for the recipe!

133. Sherlock says:

I am vegan so I omitted the cheese. I used frozen mixed vegetables because I’m out of fresh spinach. Everyone loved it. The convenience and ease was exactly was I was looking for. Thanks for sharing.

134. Tenelle Jones says:

Hello. I love your blog/recipes. Can you or anyone else tell me where you find the vegetable base? I’ve seen the chicken and beef but never vegetable. Thanks!

135. Could I use fresh spinach? Would I add in at the same time as everything else or at the end? Anyone who could tell me if they tried it with fresh instead of frozen would be very helpful!

• I would try adding it at the end. Spinach wilts very quickly in hot liquid, so if you just stir it in at the end it will wilt, but stay a nice bright green. If you add it in the beginning it may over cook and turn a dull, olive green color and the dark green may get absorbed by everything else and make the rest of the pot look greyish.

136. This was the greatest :D

We made it last night and it was delicous and very flavorful.

Keep up the great work with these great meals.
    Truely thankful!

137. Sarah says:

Made this last month to feed a bunch of my suitemates, and it was a huge success! Very little effort, GREAT result!

138. Christopher says:

Want to try this but am not into mushy pasta. What say you to cooking everything as the recipe says, but cooking pasta separately and working in some of the starchy pasty water with the separately cooked pasta towards the end of the broth?

• Hmm, honestly I’m just not sure how that would work out without experimenting with it myself. You’ll definitely want to reduce the liquid as it won’t be absorbed into the pasta, though.

139. Emily says:

Made this tonight & it was absolutely amazing! Thank you for the great recipe. :)

140. Beth, I love you site and your recipes. I cook for my family of 4 and my disabled in-laws, and work too. Can get a little stressful and/or boring in the kitchen. Love this Wonderpot recipe, I added Italian Sausage since my family thinks that it’s not real food unless there is meat in it. Also used Gluten Free Rice Fettucini as some of us are trying to be more health conscious. Thanks and keep ‘em coming.

141. Jennifer says:

I’m making this in the crockpot right now I’m hoping the noodles aren’t too mushy when it’s done

142. Sabirah says:

OMGeeeee!!! I made this recipe and I took for lunch just about all week!! I saved so much money and the flavor was sooo great!! I also made the mushroom quiche and the cranberry, apple oatmeal bake….They were ahhhmazing also!! Looking at the barbecue bean and coleslaw recipe for the week ahead….Thanks so much for recipes that are easy, delicious and affordable!!

143. Anne says:

Just wanted to let you know I love your site and have tried several recipes so far. I have 5 adults here and a 2 year old grandaughter who have completely enjoyed your fantastic meals~!
    NSW , Australia

144. hi, made this recipe last night, This is the best thing that I ever made. I had to change a bit, because down the south hemisphere (Brasil) is less expensive by fresh than frozen- spinach – or cans – for the tomatos, so I cooked the tomatos a little bit before everything else. But I love the recipe, and love you site.

145. Christina says:

First off I just want to say I do not cook. I’m the person that would spend my last dollar or even borrow so I would not have to cook. One of my resolutions for the year is to cook at least twice a week. Anyway…I made this and I love it. Thank you.
    We did not use the red pepper but we did add hot italian sausage. Perfecto!

146. Diana says:

I don’t even know what I was looking for when I stumbled upon this recipe yesterday. The recipe, pictures, and reviews convinced me to try it and here I am typing my own review as I eat my bowl of Italian Wonderpot. I followed the recipe and it came out wonderful! It is a little salty, but that is either because I used too much salt (I never measure salt) or because the broth base was saltier than what I have been used to (this was my first time using broth base, so I’ll be more careful next time). Overall a simple and delicious recipe that I can’t wait to share with my mom in Europe!

147. Stephanie says:

Any tips for cooking this in a crock pot? I’m always leery of noodles in a slow cooker…

148. Lanie says:

This is seriously delicious & I cooked it in a crock pot sucessfully. I changed it up by using a jar of salsa instead of canned tomatoes & 1 cup white wine & 1 cup water instead of the 4 cups broths listed. I cooked it on low for 7 hours and 5 minutes before serving I cranked the heat to high & tossed a few handfuls of fresh spinach on top. It was colorful and delicious.

149. Christine says:

I made this tonight, and it’s a keeper! My family and I enjoyed it, and I love that it was so easy. For our vegetarian, I made it per the recipe. For the other family members, I cut up cooked chicken breasts to add to it if they wished. I think shrimp would be a tasty addition, next time.

150. Amber Flowers says:

SOOO good, so easy, so cheap! My husband is the kind of guy that if it doesn’t have meat in it, he doesn’t eat in and he loved it! Mind you I did alter it a tiny bit… I used spaghetti noodles, I grated the onion so my kids wouldn’t complain, and I used 2 cups low sodium chicken broth and 2 cups of water because I didn’t have vegetable broth in the pantry. Thank you so much for this recipe.

151. I made this last night, with just a few items changed (just because I was working with only what I had in my pantry). It was AWESOME!
    For pasta I used whole wheat elbow macaroni.
    In place of spinach I used chopped frozen collard greens.
    In place of one large can of diced tomatoes, I used two small cans one with green chilis.
    (Therefor I didn’t add the red pepper flakes)
    And instead of vegetable broth I used 2 knorr chicken boullion cubes dissolved in 4 cups of hot water)
    As for the fresh basil and garlic, I used the frozen herb cubes from Dorot (mydorot.com). It’s great to always have those two on hand in the freezer (as well as their ginger and cilantro)

This dish will definitely become a go-to supper in my rotation. I can’t believe how super easy and delicious it is.
    Thanks!!!

152. I *swear* by Better Than Bouillian. I buy the LARGE jars at Costco for $6.49. It’s the 16 oz jar for a little more than the 8 oz. Love, love, love it! Oh yeah… I totally need to make a wonderpot!

153. Marga says:

I just tried this and it was a huge hit! Simple and delicious, will definitely make it again!

154. What a great looking recipe! I will definitely try this out, have shared it on my new Facebook page too http://www.facebook.com/justamumnz. I cannot wait to make a Wonderpot!

155. Mona says:

Beth, thanks so much for this recipe. Made it tonight and there are NO leftovers. Truly a simple and delicious meal. Can’t wait to get your cookbook. Loved all of your recipes I have tried.

156. Barbara Brown says:

Could you use broccoli instead of spinach? It all sounds so good so can not wait to try.

157. Hadda says:

Since you used the Better than Bullion, did you just add like 2 tbsp and then 4 cups of water?

158. Lesley says:

Made this to the recipe tonight, the kids LOVED it, and I loved how easy it was to make. I can see potential in so many of the variations listed by others. Look forward to trying them.

Love your site, found it a few weeks ago.

159. Juliana says:

I loved this recipe, so easy and quick. I just used twice the spinach on the recipe.

160. Abby says:

I made this tonight for my husband and it was way too spicy. Don’t think I will be making it again!

• Hi Abby:

I make this without the red pepper flakes because I have little ones and we generally do not add spicy ingredients to pasta since it is a kids favorite. I’ve also made this adding frozen peas which are a bit sweet and it works.

161. I’ve made this a few times already and it is a hit! My hubby was complaining about acid reflux though and I figured out it was the canned tomatoes. So, I am using the boxed tomatoes now and problem solved! I am so glad to have found a solution because I love how this comes together!

162. Savannah says:

Made this dish per the recipe last night; however, I chopped the onion and garlic in the food processor rather than slicing it. It was delicious and I have enough leftovers for lunch all week.

163. yummers! I saved a little more money by using my own veggie broth – I just toss my (clean) kitchen scraps or vegetable leftovers in a freezer bag and when it’s full, boil it up into an awesome and low sodium vegetable broth. Then I separate it into portions and freeze it till I’m ready to use it. It’s a great way to avoid waste and stay on budget too!

164. Kiava says:

Made it and loved it! Wasn’t sure how I’d like it without any meat but it was very filling. I ended up not adding feta cheese, I don’t really like it. But the dish was great though!

165. Melissa says:

I’m just wondering if you put the BTB in with the cold water since the directions say add to boiling water. Making this tonight and not sure what to do about that.

• I usually just stir the BTB into warm water. Warm enough to help it dissolve, but it doesn’t need to be super hot. If there are a few chunks or a little sediment left, it’s okay because as the pot boils it will all mix together. :)

166. Dana says:

I made this and loved it. I have made a few recipes from your website (oven fajitas and red beans and rice) and have loved them all. I am planning on making a few more soon. In fact, I made my meal plan based on your site. Thank you!

167. Neha says:

This is boiling on the pot right now. Smells and tastes so delicious. So easy too! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe

168. Sakina says:

I just saw this recipe and cant wait to make it and see what it tastes like. One thing though I do not have vegetable or chicken stock/broth at home and it isnt really easy to get here in Nigeria. Will it still taste good without them?

• The broth really gives the dish a lot of flavor. It will definitely need salt if you use water instead, and the overall flavor will not be as deep.

169. I sautéed my onions and garlic slightly caramelizing them before adding them. I also used some Chardonnay along with the broth. Made a bug difference in terms do flavor.

170. Linda S. says:

Came across this recipe today and made it for dinner. It was absolutely delicious! My family loved it, even my non spinach eater. I used chicken broth and sprinkled it with grated cheese. Beans would probably go well with this….next time.

171. I made this tonight with Trader Joe’s GF corn spaghetti, no feta, and no spinach. It turned out perfect! I was afraid that the GF pasta might affect the thickening of the sauce, but it didn’t! Will definitely be making this again :)

172. ChefJ says:

Oh my gosh! So, I saw this recipe& I just had to try it! It turned out AMAZINGLY. Of course, I had to put my own little spin on it. I used kale instead of spinach, added roasted red peppers, kalmata olives, and mushrooms. I also sauteed some smoked sausage in the pan first.Then Idoubled the whole thing, in a big pot. Because we’re Italian and pasta never lasts that long in our house. Since I really dont like soft pasta, I brought the veggies and broth to a boil first & then added the pasta. It turned out PERFECTLY. Topped it off with some parmesn. Oh my, it will not be the last time I make this one!!

173. MickNH says:

I love this recipe so much. It should have been included in the book.

I am making it tonight.

174. Deanna says:

Hi! Loved this recipe but was wondering what brand of fettuccine comes in 12 oz? Here (in Florida) it is 16 everywhere I have checked so far. Would love to be able to just take it all out of the box…
    Otherwise, WONDERFUL!!

• It didn’t come in 12 oz, I just used 3/4 of the package because I wanted approximately 6 servings (2 oz. each). You can use a full pound, but then you’ll need to adjust the liquid content. :)

175. Wow – I made this tonight with linguine and fresh spinach that needed to be used, and it was AMAZING. My son can be a picky eater but he loved it as well – he even helped me make it.

I can’t wait to try your spinach and artichoke wonderpot!

176. Karen says:

Finally got around to making this one this week – SO good and my kid loved it! I still think your Dragon Noodles are the best, but this one packs in more veggies & is so good (and easy since it can be done w/ all shelf-stable or freezer ingredients)!

177. Caitlyn says:

Loved it. So cheap, filling, easy and healthy!

178. Alyson says:

Tried this tonight for my family. They gave it two thumbs up!

179. Jill says:

We had this last night, and everyone liked it. I will definitely make it again. I was afraid the noodles would get too mushy, so I added them when the mixture started to boil. They turned out great, and we loved the flavor. I can’t wait to try the spinach artichoke version.

180. Tara says:

I added a tsp of the spices by accident and also added 4 sausages that I browned and added once everything started heating up! I also added a package of spinach instead of the frozen….My fiancé says it’s one of my top 3 dishes I have made!! It’s amazing!!! Can’t wait to make this again and again and again!! (side note…please don’t post about that you want to try this recipe! Just give it a like .. it’s very annoying reading comments like this .. I want to read comments about people who have actually tried the recipe!! thanks )

181. This was the easiest and tastiest meal I have made in a long time! Followed the recipe to a “T” – the feta is a MUST! Added some chopped rotisserie chicken from the fridge – yummy! Made a ton, way too much for just 2. Also, next time I will reduce the cooking by a minute or two because I prefer more el dente. Thank you!

182. I made this tonight.
    Added some baby kale in with my spinach (I had it in the fridge) and subbed the feta for some really good quality parm.
    And I added a can of diced chicken, and I also think either sweet Italian sausage or some shrimp (YUM!) would also be heavenly.
    My 3 yr old gobbled it right up! Will def make it again!!

183. Mand says:

Just made this tonight, exactly as the recipe described. Yum. Very filling and it’s made enough to feed our family of four tonight & tomorrow night plus my lunch at work tomorrow. In Australian dollars that’s nine serves for about $2.50. Bargain.

184. Julia says:

This recipe is awesome.
    So quick and very satisfying. Frozen spinach and fettucine will now become staples in my house so I can make a delicious meal in a pinch.
    I added thin sliced chicken breast after the pot came to a boil.
    The whole family devoured it.
    Thank you!

185. Arran says:

So easy and delicious

186. Sarah says:

I tried this last night and it was so good and so easy to make. I accidentally got beef broth instead of vegetable and it was still amazing – we plan on adding Italian sausages next time!

187. Lalita says:

Made this Friday night and was real apprehensive about Hubby’s reaction since he had nixed the idea of this dish once before. Ended up being a HUGE hit. He couldn’t stop eating it. This is another recipe that he can’t wait for me to make again. Thanks!