Dragon Noodles

Ooooh lawdie. This is my new favorite quick fix! It takes about 15 minutes, is totally rich, flavorful, and SUPER SPICY. Like, “burn a hole through your stomach” spicy. Call me crazy, but sometimes I want that. No, I crave that.

So, this one goes out to all of you heat seekers!

The simple sauce for this recipe uses only pantry staples and perfectly balances sweet, salty, and spicy. The richness of the butter helps smooth everything out, cilantro adds a fresh note, and the green onions lend a savory back note. It all just works and it happens to be incredibly simple. That’s what I’m talkin’ about.

I made a small two serving batch because I just wanted something quick and easy. You could easily scale this up, if needed. If you want a heartier dish, try using two eggs rather than just one. Also, I used two tablespoons of butter, which made for a very rich and delicious sauce, but I suspect that it would still be amazing if you cut the butter in half.

If you can’t find the same noodles that I used, don’t fret. You could make this with ramen type noodles or even regular linguine. The noodles are just the vehicle for all of the other yummy ingredients!

Dragon Noodles

Dragon Noodles

dragon noodles

• 4 oz. lo mein noodles $1.13
  • 2 Tbsp butter $0.20
  • ¼ tsp crushed red pepper $0.02
  • 1 large egg $0.25
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar $0.02
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce $0.02
  • 1 Tbsp sriracha (rooster sauce) $0.08
  • 1 handful fresh cilantro $0.22
  • 1 sliced green onion $0.06
  1. Begin to boil water for the noodles. Once the water reaches a full boil, add the noodles and cook according to the package directions (boil for 5-7 minutes).
  2. While waiting for the water to boil, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl stir together the brown sugar, soy sauce, and sriracha.
  3. In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium-low heat. Add the red pepper to the butter as it melts. Whisk an egg in a bowl and then add to the melted butter. Stir gently and cook through. Once the egg is done cooking, turn off the heat.
  4. When the noodles are tender, drain the water and then add them to the skillet with the cooked egg. Also add the prepared sauce. Turn the heat on to low to evaporate excess moisture, and stir until everything is coated well with the sauce. Sprinkle the sliced green onions and cilantro leaves (whole) on top and serve!

Dragon Noodles

Spicy Noodles

Lo Mein NoodlesThese are the noodles that I used, but you could use any other kind. Ramen or regular linguine would probably be good too. I used half of this 8 oz. pack for two servings. Cook the noodles according to the package directions.

make sauceWhile waiting for the pasta water to boil, mix up the sauce. Stir together the brown sugar, soy sauce, and sriracha.

melt butterMelt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the crushed red pepper to the butter as it melts.

whisk eggWhisk the egg in a bowl…

scramble eggPour the whisked egg into the melted butter and gently stir until cooked. If the noodles are not done cooking yet, turn the heat off on the skillet so that the eggs don’t over cook.

add noodles, sauceWhen the noodles are finished cooking, drain the water off and then add them to the skillet along with the prepared hot sauce.

cilantro green onionsTurn the heat on to low to help evaporate excess moisture and stir everything to coat it in the sauce. Lastly, sprinkle the sliced green onion and cilantro leaves over top. I didn’t even bother to chop the cilantro. Deeeelish!

Dragon Noodles

1. HOLY COW.
    This was awesome. I made it for myself for lunch since I had a tiny packet of udon noodles left and wanted to try this out before making it for the bf. It was sooooo good. My brother who is super picky will LOVE this. I can’t wait to invite him over for dinner and surprise him with a dish he will actually eat! Next time I make this I’ll be adding shrimp or chicken and serving it for dinner. Delicious.

2. erin t. says:

really tasty! actually wasn’t very spicy to me though– would probably double up on the delicious sauce next time. i’m the kind of person who likes eating those little thai peppers though so maybe i’m biased. :)

3. sabriena says:

I just made this for lunch and I have to say for something so simple it is delicious! Not something I could feed my family since they can’t stand spicy stuff but for a treat for myself is amazing.

4. Oh man… this was fantastic. I followed the basic recipe and added 1Tbsp of peanut butter. I wish I’d made a double batch!

5. Becky says:

Yuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm!

Now, when I found this, I scrolled past the blog part and went to the recipe. Then when it was time to make it and I went to this page, I saw the “hole in your stomach spicy” bit and went uh-oh. Don’t know if my kids can eat this. So I double the recipe except for the sriracha, filled in the sauce with a little hoisin as someone else suggested and half an hour later that pan was EMPTY! Just some stray cilantro and onions stuck to the sides. And my oldest (age 5) said he thought he could handle hotter! LOVE LOVE LOVE! 10/10 would shemomedjamo again!

6. I didn’t have the egg or cilantro, or green onions either :( So I added what I had on hand.. white onion/green pepper frozen mix, frozen chopped broccoli and chopped fresh asparagus. We used the entire lo mien package- so we would have some left overs. Maybe it’s me but I didn’t double the sauce and found the dish had enough flavor and coating. I will definitely make this again and follow the recipe/ingredients to the T .
    Another tasty dish, Beth!! You rock!!

• Yes, if you double the noodles AND add the extra veggies, you’ll need to at least double the sauce to get all the flavor. I hope you try it again! :)

7. Heather of DC says:

I made this last night after staring at this popular recipe on the sidebar for over a year! I doubled the egg and sauce (there was, admittedly, a smidgen too much much sauce with my alterations). I also added about 1/4 lb of shrimp. It was awesome, and had some serious heat! The good kind! I thought I would be trying to pick out the shrimp, but the noodles were the best part. I am making this again, tonight! It tastes like a dish I had from my childhood, growing up in Japan, can’t quite tell what exactly, but I love it! Thanks!

8. Jill says:

My son is addicted to this, except he uses udon noodles (because he likes the chewy texture).
    I appreciate that he is now cooking more, and eating less frozen meals.

9. Iris says:

I finally made this after seeing it as one of your most popular recipes. Added shrimp and subbed Frank’s wing sauce for Sriracha since it was cheaper, a little smaller (don’t need that much hot sauce), and I like it better/will use it more often.
    Next time I won’t add the red pepper to the eggs, but rather loosely. And make about 4 times more of the delicious sauce, the noodles completely soaked it in even after I added more!

10. I’ve wanted to make this ever since seeing it, and finally decided to whip it up for lunch today.

Soooo good! The noodles are so rich, saucy, and buttery… especially so if you melt a half-tablespoon of peanut butter into the hot skillet after cooking the eggs.

I imagine it’d be a piece of cake to make this into a heartier meal–double the recipe and add a protein (chicken, shrimp, pork, or tofu would all work). Top with sesame seeds and a slice of lime. Sounds like dinner to me!

This one was dead simple, cheap, and so tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

11. Angelica says:

Just made this and it was amazing! I subbed coconut oil for butter and loved it. Next time I might add peanuts or put a bit of peanut butter in the sauce because that is the only thing that seemed missing to me. I WILL be making this again!

12. Delicious! It’s a little spicy for me, so I add peanut or almond butter to the sauce to thicken it up and even provide a bit more protein. You can offset the increase in fat (if that worries you) by using less butter cooking the egg (it really doesn’t need that much butter anyway!).

• Seta Singh says:

Adding pepper to oil only infuse the spicy/heat/hotter that hot. Add it after or use cayenne pepper.

13. Gina says:

I just made this, and it’s soooo spicy delicious! I’ll definitely be making these noodles again!

14. sheryl says:

SUPER!!! SUPER!! SUPER!! GOOD! My new fav dish!

15. Lila says:

I have made this sooooo many times and each time it better than the last. Only thing I change is that I brown up groud pork and mix that in and I don’t add chili flakes.

This recipe is a life saver when you need something easy, quick, and delicious!

16. As a college student, I get sick of the cafe food regularly. I’ve been craving something more than the regular burger and fries so I decided to try this recipe. Boy am I glad I did! I was able to snag most of the ingredients from the cafeteria. My taste buds are doing the cha cha in my mouth! Yes it burns a little, but it burns so good. I will be making thing a least once a week instead of ordering out!

17. hannah says:

Sooo good! I added some veggies and tofu, and it was delicious!

18. Christina R says:

I made this on a whim and didn’t have all the right ingredients but it still turned out phenomenal. I was really nervous because I’m not a good cook, and mine didn’t look as good as the pictures but it still tasted amazing. I had to sub sriracha for hot sauce, red pepper for ceyenne, and lo mein for bowtie (I really strayed with this one), and I didn’t have the cilantro… But I just devoured my dish and I’m on my way to get seconds. My tastebuds are overjoyed. Sweet flying spaghetti monster, I’m going to make this again soon!

19. theresa says:

This is way beyond amazing. My husband was a little apprehensive (he doesn’t like sriracha) and even he ended up eating all of my leftovers.

20. sponty says:

I’ve made this about 6 times now in the span of a couple of months so I figured the least I could do is come back and leave a note of thanks. So quick, easy, tasty and satisfying. Also, I didn’t think I had much of a taste for spicy dishes until I found your blog. Thanks so much!

21. Candace says:

This has become a go to of mine for weekday nights. Super easy to vegan-ize. I just used crumbled firm tofu in place of the egg and earth balance instead of the butter. My grocery store has giant packages of rice noodles for under a dollar so I even break even on the price. LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe.

22. Karen says:

Hi, my name is Karen, and I’m a Dragon Noodle addict. Seriously, I think I need help. Since finding your site, I’ve made this about a dozen times over the past month. I can never seem to get tired of this recipe, and it always tastes better than ever. Oh, and I was a mild or no spice at all kinda girl, but you’ve managed to convert me to Sriracha, Beth. Love it!

23. Had a bash at this, and used dark soy sauce instead of light since that was the only thing in the house.

With the dark soy sauce it’s remarkably similar to Thai Pad Se Uw. To quicken things up, instead of soy sauce and brown sugar, just use kecap manis.

24. Stephanie says:

I’ve been making this for months now and love it. Today I brought the leftovers for lunch and ate it as a cold salad… equally delicious! I had made it with think wheat spaghetti and added a little sauteed onion, broccoli and cole slaw mix (to clean out my fridge).

25. Catherine says:

I wish I hadn’t tried this recipe. Now I’m going to have to fix this for myself at least twelve times per week. This stuff is AMAZING. I am not into tongue-searing heat, but I do LOVE heat that makes your lips burn. This dragon noodle stuff is the lip burning sort of heat. I recommend keeping a tissue handy with which to mop your running nose whilst eating these noodles. WOW are these delicious?! Um. Yes. These dragon noodle things rock. I ended up quadrupling the number of eggs. Next time I might try tofu or tempeh with this recipe. And I considered reducing the amount of sirarcha and crushed red pepper, but am so glad I did not do that! Wow. Good super yum lip burning deliciousness! This recipe is 100 times better than takeout. I will eat these over and over again!

26. Been a big follower of this site for a while, but only just now got around to trying this recipe, and the other reviewers aren’t kidding: it’s a winner. I bought two packs of noodles (I also thought that one wouldn’t be sufficient) so the bf and I made it twice this week, once the original (which was awesome for him but too spicy for my weak palate) and once tweaked. We added diced chicken, some frozen stir fry veggies, and some garlic the second time around. I also halved the sriracha and replaced 1 tbs of it with 1/2 tbs of hosin sauce, and 1/2 a tablespoon of chunky peanut butter. That cut the heat and tasted awesome! I have a feeling this dish is going to make it’s way into my staple of frequently used recipes!

27. Karyn says:

This is probably my favorite quick and easy recipe to make, out of those I’ve tried on here (so far)! I’ve made it tons of times, and every time it turns out delicious. I have made a couple of tweaks to the recipe though. I always make a little extra sauce, and I add in chopped bok choy and shredded carrots after the egg has cooked up a bit. This just gives it a little something special, I think. Next time, I may top with chopped peanuts and a squeeze of lime as well, to give it a bit of a Thai twist. :)

28. Dean says:

I just made this… my initial concern was that the portion size of 4oz for the noodles would not be sufficient… when I put it into the pot it seemed insufficient. But I am glad to say the portion size was perfect.

I intend to make this 6 times over the next week… I know that seems like overkill, but it is my way to ensure I don’t waste the groceries.

Eggs came in a pack of 6, so I got 3 packs of Lo Mein.

The cilantro I had to get from Publix, which boosted the average price… but regardless, this should work out at approx $1.60 per lunch.

Thank you.

ps: You can pickup a single chili for like $0.12, if I get brave I may experiment with adding some of that.

29. Amber says:

yummy and affordable recipe :)
    however I found that it needs a little salt at the end

30. Megatron says:

Wow. Just cooked this and wow. So much better than I expected, its great! I generally don’t like spicy food, but this is just perfect! I couldn’t find sriracha so I used a ‘mexican’ hot sauce instead, its very delicious!

31. Demi says:

So very glad I found this recipe. I’m pretty lazy when it comes to cooking, but this was really easy to make, and it tastes fantastic. I used a little less sriracha (not too fond of spicy things!) and upped the brown sugar, but it still worked well. I’ll try adding chicken next time.

32. Heather Tierney says:

Made these a month ago and just now thought to leave a review — these are FANTASTIC. Noodles are my DD’s favorite thing on earth, and the girl is PICKY. Loves her sriracha and her cilantro, so I knew she’d love them. We only had angel hair pasta on hand, and that worked fine, but we finally made a trip to our rather inconvenient Asian market and stocked up on our favorite udon noodles. I’ll be making these later this week, probably adding some leftover roast chicken to make it a filling meal. (I plan to triple the recipe so I’ll have some leftovers to take to work the next day — but don’t tell my kid, or she’ll eat them all for breakfast!)

33. John says:

Ooooh lawdie. When deeze chilren gone learn not to make fun of minorities.

• That’s a commonly used expression here in New Orleans. Commonly use by all types of people.

• Heather Tierney says:

Beth M — agreed! The first time I read the recipe, I heard my grandma’s Southern voice. Just now when I read it, I heard the voice of Cajun chef Justin Wilson. (I still say “onyon” for “onion,” the way he did!)

34. Ryan Dupras says:

I made a modified version for people who are a little tender tongued like myself. I made a big batch of noodles, 16 oz, so I had to quadruple the recipe. I used 3 tbsp of oil instead of butter, and I added ginger and garlic instead of the crushed red pepper flakes. It’s pretty good, no lie :)

35. Kelsey says:

I made these noodles the other day for my significant other who LOVES all things spicy. It was a major hit! Not only was it inexpensive (awesome!) but it was also super easy to make and there were enough leftovers for the next day’s supper, or as Mario Batali says, to eat at midnight right out of the container with the illumination from the fridge. YUM!

36. Kathleen says:

I just made these: delicious! What a treat! Mine were a wee bit too oily; I put too much butter in and added sesame oil to the sauce. I think it was unnecessary. Overall amazing though! I used angel hair pasta b/c that’s all I had handy. I thought it worked out ok.

37. Thomas says:

Amazing dish. Rich in flavor, easy to cook and cheap. Instructions were easy to follow, even for a non native english speaker.
    Thanks!

38. Bree says:

This was AH-MAY-ZING! I made this for my mom and I, so I didn’t want to make it as spicy on her account. <3

I tripled the recipe, and instead of 3 TBSP Sriracha, I added 1 TBSP Sriracha, 1 TBSP Frank's Red Hot and 1 TBSP ginger-garlic paste. Then I added shrimp. We thoroughly enjoyed this, alongside some creamy homemade cole slaw and a cup of curried apple soup. it's all I can do to keep from going back into the kitchen for seconds. :-)

Thank you sooooo much for sharing!!!

39. Cierra says:

I’m in love with this recipe! Just made it and I Can’t stop eating it! I used soba noodles, added a dash of sesame oil to the sauce(which I quadrupled). Added chicken and shredded carrots with a squeeze of lime. Perfect perfect lunch! Thank you!

40. Melissa says:

Oh wow, I love this recipe. I have been making variations of this at least once a week. So fast, easy and so much flavor! Thank you :)

41. This sounds great. I want to make it this weekend. However, I want to add some meat to this, because I like meat. What would you recommend? chicken? pork? beef?

• I made a ground beef dish very similar to this for my cookbook. Just brown it in the skillet like I did the egg here, then add the sauce and noodles. But you could also stir fry a bit of chicken or pork instead.

• Barbara says:

I crumbled a slice of bacon over it; dragons taste like bacon, right?

Beth, this dish has come to mean so much to me when I come home from work, tired and hungry, and discover my teen-age sons have eaten everything in the house…

42. Needed some cozy comfort food for my roommate and I, because boys are mean. I used only 2 tablespoons of sriracha because I was in the mood for more mild, and added a TON of cilantro to balance it out. Even better topped with avocado. Cooked and cleaned up in less than 30 minutes. Devoured while binge watching New Girl. Thank you!

43. These noodles look delicious! But, why not save yourself a dish and use the hot noodles themselves to cook the egg?

• Alexis says:

As great as that sounds, not using another dish and all, I wouldn’t trust my noodles to be hot enough to cook the egg thoroughly. Call me paranoid but I like to enjoy my food without the thought of food poisoning (:

44. diane says:

This was amazing! I loved it and it is so cheap to make!

45. Laura says:

This is such a fantastic recipe. I find myself craving it often. I think it would also be a great recipe to have in college because it’s fast, easy, and satisfying (and cheap!). Thanks for sharing!

46. Estelle says:

I don’t know how many times I’ve made this in the past few months. This recipe is definitely a keeper. I make it from scratch when I planned for it in my meals plan or it’s an on-the-spot decision when I have leftover cooked pasta in the fridge.

I find it to be very versatile but the best version is the original one. The only thing I change is that I only add 1tsp sriracha because I’m wuss. The cilantro (fresh or frozen, not the powdered kind) adds amazing flavor and really rounds up the dish. Don’t leave it ou, guys. You’d be missing out!

• Cheryl says:

O M G !!!! There’s such a thing as frozen cilantro??!! There’s such a thing as powdered cilantro??!!??

47. Lindsey says:

This is the second recipe I’ve made from this site. I have to admit while it was cooking I didn’t think it looked very good but wow, it was amazing. I separated the finished product into two servings (one for tomorrow) and then couldn’t resist going back and eating the rest. I will definitely be putting this in the regular rotation. I used udon noodles because I couldn’t find Lo Mein. Other than that the only change I made was leaving out the cilantro (didn’t have any) and sprinkling some crushed peanuts over the top. So good. Can’t wait to make these again.

48. I made this recipe tonight along with another recipe for an Asian-style chicken. These noodles really brought the whole thing together!

This is my new favorite food blog.

49. Susan says:

This recipe turned out very well and it was extremely easy to make. I used the skinny lo mein noodles because I couldn’t find the wider kind.

I added 1 garlic clove minced to the melted butter along with the chili flakes while cooking the egg. I only used a third (1 teaspoon) of the sriracha while making the sauce because the husband likes to add more sriracha on top and I didn’t want it too spicy to start out.

The husband really enjoyed the dragon noodles and said I can make this once per week. Hehehe.

50. Abby May says:

OBSESSED!

Beth, you blew our minds, once again. My husband and I made this dish for dinner three times last week. We used ramen noodles to save ourselves the grocery trip. Still. Sooooo good.

51. Ashley says:

I made these last night and they were delicious! My picky boyfriend loved them! I had some leftover chicken that I wanted to use up so I threw that in with it. So good! So flavorful! Now I’m sitting at work kicking myself for leaving the leftovers in the refrigerator because I just know it won’t be there when I get home! Luckily, it’s a breeze to make, so I’ll just make it again tonight! :)

52. Dragon Noodles were a huge hit at my house! Next time, we will triple the recipe for our family of four. We even had to make an extra batch for my daughter who came home later since the rest of us had eaten all of the noodles. I wanted to have some chicken lettuce wraps with the noodles. Of course I searched BudgetBytes first, but did not find a recipe. I had to look elsewhere. Beth, maybe you could add a good lettuce wrap recipe.
    What I made was fine, but I am sure that your “tweaks” would make them even better!

53. Sarah says:

I LOVED these!!!!! Thank you.

54. Ashley says:

I make this all the time for my boyfriend. I was gone all this summer, and he kept telling me he couldn’t wait until I came home so he could eat these again :P I add peanut butter to the noodles, and it brings them over the top for filling deliciousness.

55. Christina says:

Great! Fast, delicious, and cheap! Thanks for sharing.

56. Hey Beth! Just wanted to let you know I linked to this and some other of your recipes on my blog! I did not reproduce them. Just mentioned them and linked to each one. :)

57. Conchexpat says:

Another recipe I make all the time! I usually add some frozen veggies. And I find the leftovers to be great, if I leave out the egg.

58. Kayla says:

I make this at least 2 times a week. Bring on the heat!

59. Cara says:

Wow! Other than the noodles (I had Udon), I made this to the recipe, but I tripled it. I want to report a few things. First, it was excellent just the way it was written! Second, it reheats better than I had been lead to expect! My leftovers included some pre-cooked chicken breast, and it was delicious after just a bit of warming! Pro-tip, I kept a zip-top bag with green onion and cilantro to add AFTER reheating!

This recipe is the gift that keeps on giving!! Amazing!!

60. mangomama says:

Delicious! I found organic, whole wheat Lo Mein at Earth Fare– used sesame seed oil instead of butter– and added tofu when sautéing the red pepper flakes…then added chopped red and yellow peppers plus grated carrot before mixing in the noodles and the sauce…topped with peanuts, it was a full and nutrient packed meal.

61. Danyel says:

To the people who have added chicken: when do you add it in and how much, if any, additional sauce do you make? Thank you.

62. Elizabeth says:

I struck out on finding lo mein noodles at Whole Foods AND Jewel. In my last neighborhood, the mom & pop grocer carried them, so I was shocked these big stores didn’t! I checked on Amazon to see how many I’d have to buy to get them there, and your book is the 6th result that comes up for the search “wide lo mein noodles.” How funny is that!

63. Melissa says:

My husband asks for this meal regularly…at times twice a week. Because we use the entire pack of lo mein, I quadruple the sauce and add an additional egg. I also sautee chicken or shrimp in the butter, so we don’t add any extra in the noodles. We top it off with crushed peanuts and cilantro, and it’s an amazing dinner! Thanks, Beth. This rocks!

64. Jordan says:

This recipe is SO easy and simple. Takes few ingredients and everything can be done and ready while bringing the water to a boil and cooking the noodles. My package said to only cook the noodles for 3 minutes, and that was long enough. None of them came out chewy or hard; came out perfect! I have made this 3 times since I first tried it last week. After work and working out, the last thing I want is a lot of clean up and a meal that takes a long time to prep. This recipe is super simple and easy. :)

65. Jeri Ann says:

This Budget Bytes classic is amazing, and I have it down to a science with using 1 pot and 1 bowl for prep. I cook the noodles in a pot, and while they’re draining I scramble the egg in the same pot…and I scramble the egg in the pot instead of a bowl. I make the sauce in a small bowl, then mix everything together in the pot. Voila! Ready to serve and top with cilantro and green onion.

66. I added a tablespoon of peanut butter and a dash of sesame oil. Delicious

67. Richard says:

One of my new go to recipes. I make this all the time, though I have never been able to find the lo mein noodles, I just use linguine noodles per your suggestion. Occasionally I will add slices of chicken breast to it after I marinate them in some sriracha to keep the heat consistent. Awesome job and keep em coming!

68. Rachel says:

We tried these tonight and LOVED them! We made them with ramen noodles instead and doubled the recipe. Next time I think we will try adding some grilled chicken and scaling back on the butter. These were definitely spicy, but not too spicy for me. I will definitely be making them again!

69. Misty says:

I have been planning to make this recipe since you first posted it – finally got around to it tonight. WHOA! Awesome. These noodles are so spicy and amazing.

70. Charlie Smith says:

I just found this blog. I am a 59 year old bachelor / workaholic and have very little time for cooking. But so far the recipes (I’ve tried 3; Greek Chicken, Dragon Noodles, and Chunky Lentil soup) are amazing. Great Flavor, Easy and Fast (not to mention cheap).

Great Blog, Keep up the good work :)

71. Christina says:

I cannot find wide lo mein noodles. Will this still be good with skinny ones?

72. caitlyn says:

obsessed with this recipe. i make it with zucchini and onion, with ramen noodles! i could eat it forever!

73. Melody says:

This looks great! I’ve never had Sriracha though, I keep Cholulah in my kitchen. Would that be a suitable substitute? Or is it too different?

• Hmm, probably not, unfortunately. It’s a very different flavor and texture. Sriracha is almost a little sweet, seems to have more garlic than Cholulah, and is a thick texture. It’s also called rooster sauce, if you’ve heard of that. Usually comes in a squeeze bottle with a green top. I hope you can find some!

74. Delicious! I have never enjoyed cooking, but my boyfriend and I are trying to eat at home more to save money and this blog has been a lifesafer, both for ease of use (love the step by step pictures!) but also for the cost, one of my biggest issues with cooking was that I always ended up spending as much on ingredients as I would for just eating out, and now I am learning that good tasting and nutritious food can still be affordable.

I bought some cold shredded chicken from the deli and put it in there for protein, as I’m not a fan of eggs. Boyfriend LOVED it too.

75. Francine says:

I love your site! I haven’t made these noodles yet though. Is this a recipe that reheats well or is it best to prepare fresh?

76. MaryBeth says:

Just tried this recipe- first one from this site. I love that there is room to play around with this recipe and it is easy to double up for leftovers. My kids liked it too and they are a hard sell sometimes. Thank you!

77. steffi says:

Hey Beth,
    Greetings from Germany. I just made your dragon noodles, wich is the first recipe I tried from your site. I will definitely try others (and make this many times in the future).
    On the dragon noodles: Very tasty. To me, they could be even more spicy, so next time I wil use more sriracha. I wil also skip the egg, perhaps add some chicken or vegetable or both. Thank you for your great ideas.
    I have a question: Is there any chance to get metric mesurements for your recipes? It would make cooking so much easier formany of your non-US readers.

• I wish I could do metrics, but it would just be too difficult to try to measure everything out while cooking. Some ingredients can be simply converted with math because of volume to weight conversions.

78. Great recipe. We just added some bean sprouts, chicken and voilà we had a delicious meal of modified pad see ew. This recipe is now in our regular meal rotation (as are a few of your other recipes!). Thanks for sharing!

79. Danyel says:

I pinned this for my fishetarian daughter to try at college. She tried it out for all of us today and it was really good. We accidentally got the wrong noodles because the Asian market was so authentic that we couldn’t figure out what was what, but it was still good. We will make sure to get the wide noodles next time. I may toss some chicken in this in the future to make for the rest of the family.

80. mmespe says:

I found this recipe 2 weeks ago.

These noodles are my everything.

I definitely prefer the lo mein noodles, but I’ve also used linguine and Thai rice sticks. I’ve added in leftover chicken, bean sprouts (like a pad thai, my current craving and my stupid new city has NO THAI RESTAURANTS WHAT??!?!?!), shrimp, more egg, more onion, a bucketful of cilantro…and no matter what I do, it’s delicious and magical and I love you forever, Beth and Dragon Noodles both.

Yay!

81. Beth says:

I am not talented in the culinary arts, but I followed this recipe, and it was delicious. Yum! Thank you for the easy-to-follow, yummy recipe.

82. Susan Dai says:

I’ve made these several times and it amazes me how something so easy and quick is so satisfying! Tonight I had Thai style rice noodles on hand, and with a quick sprinkle of peanuts and a squeeze of lime after cooking I had a tasty dish reminiscent of Pad Thai! (I can only handle around 1/2 Tbsp of Sriracha. I’ll need to build my heat tolerance to get to the full 1 Tbsp). Thanks, Beth!

83. Used fettuccine after going to two stores and not finding lo mein. Easy to prepare.Flavorful! Lends itself easily to subs and variations. My tip – use a big enough bowl to stir the sauce then you can reuse it to eat.

84. This recipe is so freakin’ delicious! I’ve made it by the book twice already, and then tonight I decided to add cubed chicken, shredded carrots, and bok choy, and it was to die for. Thanks for all the work you do in coming up with delicious recipes, this blog is the best! :)

85. julie says:

Spicy but, oh, so good!

86. Cath says:

My mouth hurts…but it is SOOOO good!

87. Susan says:

Oh. My. Gosh. This was AWESOME!! I don’t eat meat but my kiddos do and I was keeping this recipe in the back of my mind, waiting for a night when I was preparing some animal flesh for the young’uns so I could whip this up for me. I’m already planning to make more for lunch tomorrow. Two servings you say? Ha! OK in fairness I didn’t make the full 4 oz. of noodles – more like a bit over 3 oz. Still, I ate every bite and left not even a taste for the hubs. Which is unfortunate because he would have loved it. Maybe next time. ;-)

88. Excellent!

89. Lionopumaiamuponoil says:

Excellent recipe! Everyone went for seconds tonight. Thank you!

90. Heather B says:

I just made these with cucumber “noodles” thanks to my Vegetti and it was AMAZING.

• Beth and Heather B….Would you think zucchini noodles created from a vegetti would be tasty? My neighbors garden has one plant and between two homes and five eaters we can’t keep up with it before they are too big. We have eliminated gluten as much as possible and are seeing improved health.

• Hmmm, I’m not really sure. But hey, this recipe calls for so few ingredients, that if it’s a fail, you won’t really be out much, right? :)

• I’ve made it with zucchini noodles (or zoodles) and it turned out great!

I normally make this with coconut oil instead of butter, add an extra egg and take it out, stir fry soaked rice noodles with broccoli (adding water as needed), add the eggs back in, then I continue with the recipe. A wonderful dish!

91. Joyce says:

I’ve been making things from your blog for almost 2 years now, and all my friends are sick of hearing me talk about it, but I can’t believe it took me so long to make this one…. YUM! I’ve had it about 6 times in the past 2 weeks. Keep up the great work

92. I adore this recipe! I made it at least once a week for 2 months after I found it. It heats up very nicely as well, an added bonus so I can bring it to work for lunch.

93. Jeanette says:

This is one of my favorite last minute meals! Things I’ve added

A chicken breast, (sliced and cooked at the beginning)
    8 oz tofu (with the egg)
    A cup of frozen peas,( rinsed to get off any ice crystals)
    A cup of frozen green beans same as above
    Sesame seeds as garnish
    Chile oil when I needed to clear my sinuses (WARNING: THIS IS LIKE WEAPONIZING THIS MEAL)
    Rice subbed for noodles
    An extra egg

I’ve used the sauce straight on veggies with great success

94. Sarah says:

These are my absolute favorite meal, any time of day! I, along with my whole family, are obsessed with these! I just add some chicken & extra eggs along with more sauce. So glad I found your website…thanks for the great meals :)

95. Niraseul says:

Tried this myself and I dare say I’m addicted! I get cravings for this and that says a lot. It’s a guiltless pleasure to eat, tossed some curried chicken on top as well.

96. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. I’d been holding out on trying this because I was afraid I’d eat the whole thing in one sitting. And, well, I did. I used udon because I had a package I’d gotten for free. (I LOVE free!!!).

I will have to halve the butter next time because I really shouldn’t consume that much at once. Maybe up the sauce ratio, too, because I felt like it needed more, but that could be because I used low-sodium kikkoman. Usually I have full-flavored tamari or shoyu on hand.

Now I’m so full I could die and I reek of green onion – good thing only the cats have to talk to me today!

97. Stephanie says:

I tried this recipe tonight. It was AWESOME!! Just the right amount of sweet and spicy. I used regular wheat thin spaghetti and added grated carrots. Gave a little more sweetness. Definitely going to go-to meal for me!

98. Laura says:

This is such a great recipe. Thanks! I’ll admit that I’ve even made it for breakfast

99. Jill says:

We love this! I use about half the red pepper and Sriracha, because my kids don’t like it too spicy. I have added either/ both spinach and shredded carrots if I have them on hand. I have made it with lo mein noodles, linguini, and spaghetti. Good with any of them. It’s quick, cheap, and ingredients are always on hand, so I make it often.

100. Marie says:

This was great! I added chicken and grilled onions to it. Next time I’ll add bean sprouts, bamboo shoots, slivered carrots, maybe even some spinach to this. The sauce was tasty, so I’ll double it next time. Thanks for the great recipe and idea!

101. Kendalyn says:

I love this recipe so much.

102. I’ve made this dish several times and enjoyed it every time. Fast and very flavourful.

and

103. Beth, you hit this out of the park! This is so delicious and I can’t believe something that taste this great can be so budget friendly. I love your site. I will definitely be buying your book, one for me and one for my soon to be college bound son. Can’t wait to try your other recipes.
    PS….I’m so jealous of your grocery shopping choices that you have in New Orleans. My family is from Shreveport and Monroe, LA, and when we visit, we ALWAYS go grocery shopping for the items that we can’t find in Dallas. :-)

104. TwSherpa says:

We did this for a appetizer party. It was a huge hit..

105. Katie says:

Made this for the first time tonight. It’s so easy and so delicious! We didn’t have lo mein noodles so we used spaghetti instead, and it still turned out great. We will definitely be making this again.

106. Thanks for this great recipe!

As mentioned above, NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour host sang its praises recently, and it sounded too good not to try.

Delicious and very easy, even for an unenthusiastic cook like me.

107. Janiece says:

Beth, I thought you should know that one of my daughters recently got an apt on campus and we stocked her kitchen with items that she would need to make this dish! Her fav dish of all time is your schwarma but that is a bit much since she likes it with paratha which is hard to come by in northeast Arkansas! Anyway, we had to make sure she had a pot to cook the noodles, a colander, a non stick frying pan, cutting board and knife for the onions…you get the idea. Now I never fear that she will have a good meal. This and some rotisserie chicken and she has 3 or 4 meals! I have passed this recipe along to sooo many of her friends. It is the easiest, best tasting dish ever! Thanks for everything you do. I was surprised it was not in the book.

108. johnny108 says:

Have you ever heard of egg-drop soup?
    You could add the whisked egg to the water at the last minute or two of the boil….That would save you the cost of the butter.
    On the other hand, you would need to use oil as a flavor carrier for the red pepper.

• Yep, I love egg drop soup! (even have my own version, here) But the butter is really integral to the flavor of the sauce. It helps mellow the hot sauce and keeps things nice and rich. Yummm.

109. Jenni B says:

My hubby made this for me with fresh homemade pasta and it was delicious!!! He said it was super easy to make and I can’t wait to have it again!

110. Dave in Columbus says:

I substituted olive oil, Bow tie pasta, chopped onions, and herbs de Provence plus lime juice for cilantro. Still it was great!

Next time I go to the store, I will have to get the ingredients.

111. Thank you, Beth. The host of NPR’s Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast touted your site and the dragon noodles in particular this week. Made it with the Soba noodles that I’ve been trying to figure a use for and it was both simple and amazing. Embarrassed to say I used dried cilantro which is a poor sub for fresh but luckily I had green onions on hand.

112. yummy, fast, easy! I added a couple handfuls of peas for more veggies and a little leftover port tenderloin. I think this a great basic recipe that can be adapted to whatever I have in the fridge. AND I love the heat!!

113. this sauce (plus a spoonful of peanut butter) is also really fabulous tossed with potstickers.

I LOVE your dragon noodles and talk about them all the time. It’s almost embarrassing how much I talk about them.

114. Helen S. says:

Probably my favorite BB recipe of all time. I make this at least every 2 weeks and always want more. I like to buy frozen shrimp in bulk so that I can always saute a couple in the butter and red pepper flakes and throw them in. (You can get the shrimp even cheaper if you buy unpeeled. To me, it’s worth it.) I use rice noodles because I prefer them here, and I halve the sriracha to keep it at my spice level.

115. Amanda says:

I always find myself wanting more and more of this, so I finally gave in and made a 5x batch. It is just as delicious, and now I can eat it all week long! Quite possibly my fave on your site!

116. Hank says:

? This was not spicy at all! It was rather weak. Try using Scorpion pepper, and ghost pepper spices, along with chopped habeneros with seeds. That is spicy. Very disappointed because your recipe was not close to hot. Use my spice recommendations for REAL HEAT.

117. Michelle says:

Would you believe I had never used Siracha sauce in a recipe before I made this? In fact I’d never, ever had Siracha sauce before. OMG! This was so good and now I’m just craving Dragon Noodles all the time.

I’m trying to contain myself by waiting a couple of weeks before I make it again…

118. A.j. says:

Have made this a few times in a few different ways; mostly done a huge veggie stir-fry on the side, doubled the sauce and eggs, and switched out a few different rice noodles (so far, the fave is the wide rice stick.) That said, I’ve found a mandatory addition is julienned and marinated daikon radish. I’ve tried both the chili-spiced and sesame oil-spiced and both are excellent. It gives a great sour-sweet note which I highly recommend! It also ramps down the spice if you’re feeding it to people who aren’t as in love with the heat as the cook is!

119. Samantha says:

I’ve made these a few times, and this time I found myself without green onion and unwilling to get out of my PJ’s to go get some. It seemed really sad with only cilantro repping the veggie food group so I grated a carrot and popped that in there, and damn was it good! Added a bit of crunch and sweet carrotty flavour. I’ll probably make it like that from now on :D

• The best inventions are born out of desperation… even the desperation to not change out of your PJs. ;) I’ve SO been there!

120. Ranba Ral says:

I started teaching myself to cook using your recipes when I had my own apartment for college. I used to be able to mess up Kraft mac and cheese, so I’ve come a long way thanks to you and your site.

I first made this around Christmas 2012. I’ve since taken to adding a little bit of chicken (about 1 breast), some broccoli, finely diced carrots, and bamboo. Once I added some chopped peanuts for a little crunch, and that was good too. I also usually use these noodles that look like crimped lace ribbons that we picked up at the international market a town over. Dad picked them up as a joke because in the package, they looked like the paintings of a wound up Chinese dragon, they worked out very well. I don’t know the name of the noodles since I can’t read the various Asian scripts, sorry.

Mom kept requesting this and your lobster and cream cheese wontons during her bout with cancer. These were two of last meals she ate, so dankeschön for the good, easy recipes that allowed me to make her happy towards the end.

121. Just made this for dinner. Quick-n-easy and delish! I modified it slightly using half the sriracha as I don’t like too spicy, tofu noodles and added pan seared scallops. I wish I could upload the photo. It was Y-U-M-M-Y!!!!!!!

Looking forward to trying other recipes

Thanks Beth.

122. Monica says:

This recipe has become a staple for our lives. It’s also really easy to convert into a simple Pad Thai. Thanks for sharing!!!

123. I JUST finished making this recipe, and WOW. So effing delicious!

This was my first experience with sriracha! I was wary of it, so I halved the amount of sauce and pepper flakes and used two eggs. I loved it, but it turns out I underestimated my spice tolerance, so I’m going to use the full tablespoon and more pepper flakes next time. Because there WILL be a next time!

124. Marie says:

I just made this for the second time in 24 hours. Delish! I made it for the first time last night for a late light dinner and my husband complemented on it twice in the course of eating one bowl. After I finished it, I got to wanting more, so I made a second helping for lunch again today. Yum!
    I added half a bag of frozen broccoli to the noodles about 2 minutes before they were done cooking, halved the sirracha (I’m a wuss when it comes to spicy) and doubled the sauce the second time (because the broccoli makes a second amazing vehicle for the yummy sauce).

125. This is also pretty good if you add about a tablespoon of peanut butter to the sauce and then squeeze some lime juice on the top of it at the end when you add the cilantro. Kind of like po’ man’s phad thai.

126. Amanda says:

Doubled the egg, used ramen, halved the sriracha (a little goes a long way for me), and put in some sweet soy sauce instead of the brown sugar. Absolutely delicious, and I’ve shared this with every sriracha-loving person I know. New go-to recipe! Love it!

127. Emily says:

5 stars for sure. I’ve made it several times and love it! I usually use two eggs to make it a little more substantial.

128. Megan says:

This is seriously the best thing ever. Simple and so tasty- and cheap!
    Don’t want to scare you but I kinda love you.
    Cannot wait for the book.

129. Lyndsey says:

I just made this for dinner. It was as inexpensive as you said it would be (I even added one skinless chicken breast cut up), so simple my five year old could have whipped it up, and frankly…delicious. Even my picky husband asked for seconds.

I’ve been pimping your sight out to all my friends and family, and we’re all in love.

130. Peggy says:

This recipe was fabulous! My husband and I LOVED it. Definitely a keeper. Thank you so much for posting. I am so glad I stumbled upon your site. :)

131. Jessica says:

Hey Beth, this recipe was absolutely incredible. The boyfriend and I loved it, loved it, loved it! :^)

132. Alicia Kay says:

I made this recently and LOVE it. At first it’s tempting to want to add this and that, but really the delicious genius of it is in its simplicity. So many bright shiny flavors, and there seemed to be so little to it as I cooked it! Well done!

133. Na'alie says:

This is AMAZING! I reaaaaaally love the flavors. I am into spicy foods and didn’t think this was spicy but had a PERFECT medium kick to it. This is my go-to if I’m craving Thai and can’t get out an hour and a half away to Atlanta (I’m in the mountains). I am keeping the ingredients on hand because this recipe is THAT GOOD.

ps: I also have some Thai chili sauce (sweet and spicy) that I added (a splash or so) to some chicken I was sauteeing. It made for an excellent addition and a bit more of a kick.

134. I’m a newbie to your website and I love it. I’m making my whole meal plan this week with your ideas. Do you think this recipe would be good with oil instead of dairy? I have a son who can’t eat dairy, and I’m always looking for good meals that can feed us all!

135. this was a quick, delicious meal, with added pan fried tofu. I also added a dash of sesame oil, peanut butter and lime juice to the sauce. will make again.

136. Brenna says:

I had to try this recipe since there have been so many loving comments about it all over the place and was not disappointed. I had some rice noodles and used aminos instead of soy, and it was absolutely the best hangover food ever. Thanks!

137. I made this last night for the first time. I used ramen noodles for mine and it was so super yummy. My husband said it is his new favorite food and needs to be made a regular. I added and extra egg and used more ramen then it called for so I could take some out for my kids before adding the sauce, then I poured the sauce in and made more sauce without sriracha in the same bowlso it still had some of the leftovers in it but not too spicy for my 1 and 4 year old.

138. Toherangi says:

Could someone please confirm for me…
    The crushed red pepper… Is that Chilli Pepper or Bell Pepper?
    I am in New Zealand so our terminology is a little different.
    Thanks!

139. Kiera says:

I am so completely in love with these noodles. I only leave out the pepper flakes, because sriracha is plenty for me. I must say, you are a genius with asian-y noodles! This and your garlic noodles I gobble up. I make them as often as I can. Making these for a midnight snack, and I made your chicken picatta for dinner.

140. Stephanie says:

I made this last night but used much more Sirracha and it was so delicious!!! I think I might try adding some broccoli and onions to it next time.

141. Sydney says:

This dish is amazing! I added a little fresh lime juice, garlic, and chopped peanuts and paired it with your “easy sesame chicken.” Such a quick and delicious meal! Thanks Beth! Love your site!

142. Sheila says:

This is an amazing recipe (as is everything I’ve made from your blog so far) I always make it with ramen. Grate a little ginger and garlic into the sauce. I’m super generous with the lime and cilantro. I’m addicted to this.

143. Marci F says:

Just stumbled across this – sounds amazing! How do you think it would be without the egg?

144. Andrea says:

This is a great recipe! I’ve made it twice now, and have enjoyed it each time.

My variation on the recipe is to forgo the cilantro (I hates it!). I crush up some roasted peanuts and add that to the eggs once they’re scrambled. I’ve also add lime juice and pomegranate seeds to the finished dish — extremely tasty!

145. Kevin J. says:

I love this recipe! I tried it with the ramen noodle suggestion and it was trés magnifique! I must ask, though, what brand of pots and pans do you use? They are super shiny and pretty and I must have them.

• I don’t know what they are, actually! :) My friend got the set for free through some subscription service and gave them to me. They’re very pretty for pictures, but are rather thin, so they’re really not the best quality.

146. Barbara W. says:

HI!!

OMG!!! made this recipe last thursday…AWESOME. Only thing was I didn’t have sriracha so I used Cholula and it turned out pretty good…I would say probably the same…SPICY!!! Which both my husband and I really enjoy!!

Do you have a book with all these recipes!?!?!?

Keep them coming!!

=)

• I don’t have a book with these recipes, but I have a book coming out in a few months with mostly new stuff (there are a few from the website in there). You can find the info here! :)

147. Rene says:

This is great – saw it in the recipes featured on the sidebar, right as I realized I didn’t have 30 minutes to marinate the teriyaki salmon – quick replacement and we had everything needed in the pantry!

148. Rachel says:

I was craving drunken noodles, made this with fettuccine and topped with cashews, and it was better than the drunken noodles at my favorite thai place because I adjusted the heat so it didn’t melt my face off. Delicious!

149. Wasn’t feeling well and was craving spicy Asian food. Made it with rice noodles instead. Everything else the same. Was terrific! Just what I needed to bet this cold.

150. Rachelle says:

Holy cow. I’m not a big fan of spicy, but these were awesome.

151. Justina says:

This was AWESOME! Made it for my boyfriend and I for lunch this afternoon and it was a huge hit. Definitely gonna use it as a base for a Pad Thai recipe soon. :)

152. Sabrina says:

I have been eating this for lunch all this week and am in LOVE! As another comment said, it’s very similar to pad thai but waaay easier. I tried it fresh right after I made it, then warmed over in the microwave the next day and finally, cold. It was wonderful all three times. I’m sad that I’ll be eating my last serving tomorrow. Couldn’t find lo mein noodles, so I used linguine. Thank you so much for the recipe!

153. Kato says:

Fantastic recipe. I subbed zucchini ribbons for lo mein, maple syrup for the brown sugar, and threw in some bean sprouts for the heck of it. Turned out great! Thanks for sharing!

154. Natalie says:

This was really delicious and so easy! I threw in cubed tofu at the end, and it really turned out great.

155. Erin says:

I love this so much. With rice or noodles. With chicken or without. Its so easy, yummy, and versatile!

156. Andrea says:

Amazing, and so easy. I could honestly eat this every week! My boyfriend refuses to eat food without meat in it, so I diced some chicken breast and marinated it in a second batch of sauce, cooked that first. Soooo yummy :)

157. kari says:

Loved this! Thanks for the recipe.

158. Matt says:

Fast, spicy, tasty, and cheap?! What’s not to love!

159. Andreanne says:

This is the recipe that made me discover your website and it is a big favourite of mine. It’s so easy to make when you’re cramming for exams!

160. Kathy says:

This may just be the best thing i’ve tried from you website yet… and that is saying a lot! I generally can’t handle too much heat and this was HOT but soooo good. Drank like a carton of milk alongside it though lol.

161. alicia says:

So good! I made it tonight. Added some julienned carrots and some thin sliced chicken and it was spectacular!

162. I made this tonight, and it was great. I added a little lime juice in with the sauce because I like the way citrus pairs with chili sauce, and used buckwheat noodles, since that’s what we had on hand. Definitely going on my list of quick things to do for dinner.

163. Caroline says:

Yum! I love this!!! I am a big fan of your recipes and I notice that you use a lot of Ka-Me brand noodles (lo mein and soba). The only places I can buy those locally are WF and our local Chicago chain (Jewel), where the packs are $3-4 a pop! Just a tip… I finally woke up and started buying them on Amazon- the price fluctuates day-by-day but they usually come out to about $1.65 per 8 oz. package. And the shipping is free if you have Prime or spend $25+! Thanks for the great recipe!! http://www.amazon.com/Ka-Me-Wide-Noodles-8-Ounce-Packages/dp/B000ETC36Q

• Awesome, thanks for the tip! That’s the only brand they offer at my local grocery store and I agree, they’re super expensive! When I have the chance to go to Whole Foods or an Asian market I can always get other brands for much less, but I never thought about Amazon! :D

164. Juliette says:

I made this for dinner tonight, but added white onion right before the egg, and also chicken. It was soo good! my boyfriend and I definitely will be having this again :)

165. Karla says:

Hi… is there anyway to make this but not make it so spicy? I would love this but can’t eat really spicy. It would have to be pretty mild. Is the sriracha always spicy or does it come in different levels of heat?

166. Jilian says:

I’ve made this twice. It’s a big hit with us! Instead of brown sugar, I sub’d a Tbsp. of natural crunchy peanut butter and a T. of honey. I also added a tsp.+ of sesame oil. My husband liked it so much the first time he asked me to double it the next time. So we had it twice in one week! It’s so delicious we don’t have to go out for Chinese or Thai any more.

167. Toni H. says:

I made this for dinner tonight. I wanted to stretch it a little bit, so added broccoli, carrots, celery, onion and mushrooms, and grilled some blackened chicken. I doubled the sauce since I was making 8 oz. of noodles, but only added 1 T of the sriracha. I’m glad I did, because my mouth is on FIRE! Very good, Beth!

168. Peggy Sue says:

Loved this so much that I made it two nights in a row. The second night I added chicken, broccoli, mushrooms and napa cabbage. My family could not stop raving about how much they loved it. Our favorite Thai dish is called Drunken Noodles and this is pretty much the same thing only ten times better. I also used egg noodles since that’s what I had and my family loves better than any other pasta. It was amazing and I am making more tonight. The only problem is that this has ruined food from our favorite Thai restaurant. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

169. Oanh says:

i felt it wasnt quite salty enough for me so i added some of the packaged ramen seasoning (sapporo ichiban) and it was yummy! i didnt use flat lo mein noodles so that could be why it may have altered the saltiness. loved the butter and pepper tho!

170. Matthew says:

I just made this for lunch, AMAZING and SO EASY to make… Definately a keeper.

171. Catherine says:

I just had to comment after I tried making this for lunch. I didn’t have half the stuff, but got going anyway with substitutions. It was only after I was started that I realised I didn’t have the EGG. Had to laugh – I had a great spicy noodle lunch anyway, and I’m still keen to try your recipe!

My sister and I made dragon noodles for the first time a couple months ago and HOLY WOW they were amazing!!! We made them 3 times in one week. Sometimes we add some meat or veggies to it for a quick, spicy stirfry! :)

173. Emily Albert says:

I had to finally leave a comment after coming back to this recipe time and time again…. it is our absolute favorite!!! Thank you for the amazing recipe! Only changes I made after making it probably 10 times- added some shredded chicken & doubled the soy/brown sugar/sriracha sauce. Hands down our favorite & my hubby requests this ALL THE TIME! Having it again tonight :)

174. Jennifer says:

This was so yummy! I used 2 packs of Top Ramen for the noodles. I threw the spice packets out because they have msg in them and I don’t want that. I served it with lime which made it even better!

• Sally says:

I used one package of ramen noodles and used lime, too, and it was delicious. I need to get peanuts to sprinkle on top.

I made this twice in 10 days or so. One time I cooked some shrimp in the butter, removed them and then cooked the egg. While the egg was cooking I cut up the shrimp and returned them to the pan with the noodles. It was outstanding.

175. Just made this last night! SO delicious.

176. Marta says:

Eating these as I type, and we have a WINNER! Used linguine.Topped with cilantro, shredded raw carrot, and chopped peanuts. Pretty sure I’m going to be eating this ALL the time!

177. Sophie says:

New favorite recipe!! My fiance ate 3 bowls. I loved reading the comments to see what people have added (I think I will try it with shrimp next time!)

178. Finally tried this, after telling my husband I would make it for lunch forever and it was fantastic! I’m sure kicking myself for waiting so long. So easy soooo tasty. I doubled the recipe for leftovers the next day but didn’t have two eggs so I added some edamame.

179. I finally got around to trying this recipe two weeks ago, and now I’ve made 3 times! The first time I made it I added some shrimp and it was wonderful. The next two times I stir-fried some veggies to mix in. It’s a great way to use up veggies that you’ve run out of ideas for. On this last try I ran out of brown sugar and subbed honey and it was still excellent. This is certainly going to be a staple for me, as it is so easy to whip up quickly and is so versatile.

180. Made these tonight and already blogged about it! They were soooooooo good. I got udon noodles because they looked like the closest texture to what you had, and now I’m mad at myself for waiting this long in my life to try udon! We weren’t feeling like egg, so we just toasted some cabbage instead, and it was delicious.

181. Rachel says:

This is one of my favorite recipes. I make it often, but I do usually add more sauce & eggs, and if I am feeling fancy I will add peanuts (spicy if I have them) and lime juice. So easy and cheap, and the ingredients are almost always on hand in my house. Thank you!

182. Kimmi says:

Just made this for dinner. Amazing! I added tofu and chicken and it was fantastic. I love your recipes and your blog. Thanks Beth!

183. Tracy says:

Holy Schamokes, this was amazing!
    The spicier, the better. All the add-ins you could thrown into this dish are endless. I tried to be a purist and stick strictly to your recipe on the first attempt but I did stray and add my homemade powdered Sriracha on top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
    You out did yourself on this one….and I thank you Ü

184. Kristen says:

These were delicious! I used a 16 oz pkg of pad thai noodles so I quadrupled the sauce, but since I was making this for kids I only used 1 1/2 TBSP of Sriracha. I also added shrimp and beef and sprinkled crushed peanuts on top. So good! And so fast, I love quick meals!

185. Ginger says:

Just made this for my kids for lunch. They LOVED it!! Asked for seconds and thirds. That’s a win!

186. I love these so much I featured them in a Chinese New Year article on my blog theabundantlifeofk.com. Delicious!

jeez-louise Beth, made this tonight for the 1st time. i have been checking this out for the last couple weeks, and now i’m kicking myself for not trying this immediately. perfect amount of heat, (not over the top) no cilantro,(husband doesn’t like), green onions(awesome). some shrimp on the side made for a great dinner. this household HIGHLY RECOMMENDS everyone try this, you won’t be disappointed.

188. Awesome! Thanks for the feedback, Rachel! :D

189. Since you weren’t sure, I froze 1/2 cup last night. Results the next day from the reheated portion are:
    1) I packaged it like I do fried rice when I freeze it, squished flat in a plastic baggie, but the noodles don’t break up like rice does so they were stubborn in coming out of the bag. To fix this, either microwave for a few seconds to loosen them up or freeze in a rigid container.
    2) Didn’t have a problem with dryness but this may be I doubled the sauce and it was only after one night. Prolonging its deep freeze might increase your chances of drying it out.
    3) Since I added chicken, it didn’t reheat evenly, so I had cold chicken and fire noodles, therefore if you know your going to freeze it, either stick to the original recipe or make sure all your add ins are chopped pretty small.
    4) I don’t know if it was just me, but it seemed spicier the second time around, though I’ve read of freezing changing seasonings before.
    Hope this helps!

190. Rachel – Wow, that sounds awesome! I’m not sure this will freeze too well, though, because it just doesn’t have enough moisture in it. I feel like it would dry out rather quickly in the freezer. It’s worth a shot, though!

191. Since I’m not one for my mouth being on fire, I used about half the rooster sauce and substituted the cilantro for some celery leaves, basil, and parsley. Oh, and I threw in some chopped chicken that was marinated in soy sauce, rooster sauce, and sake for 15 min, doubling the sauce mix to compensate for more things to coat. So good, I wanted to eat the whole pan full! In the interest of not doing that though, any word on how well this one freezes?

192. Tamara says:

I cook almost exclusively from your recipes because you make it so damn easy! Finally broke down and bought sriracha today at the store just so I could make this, and it was SO good…too good…I ate all of it in one go. Oops.

Honestly have no idea how it all fit into my stomach.

193. Thanks so much Beth!

194. Chelsea – After cooking the eggs I would remove them from the skillet, add some very thinly sliced chicken and saute that until it’s cooked through. Then add the egg, noodles, sauce, and water chestnuts and heat through.

195. Any ideas on how I should cook chicken and water chestnuts into this recipe? I’m making it tonight :)

196. I made this yesterday with egg noodles and added chicken. It was so good I might have to make it again tonight! Might be my favorite recipe so far :) Thanks Beth!!

197. Katie – Yes pad thai noodles will still be great :)

198. I want to try this recipe but I only have rice noodles (for Pad Thai) on hand. Will this work? Anything special I need to do instead?

199. Just made this and it was SO good! I didn’t find it incredibly spicy – just right. My grocery store didn’t have lo mein noodles so I used whole wheat “thin spaghetti.” Next time I might add some chicken or beef to make it a little more substantial.

200. This was fantastic! We did find the portion size a little small – I doubled it and it was just enough for three adults.

201. This is one I’ve been meaning to try for forever! I don’t know why it took me so long. I just ate both servings, and my mouth is still wonderfully stinging from the sriracha as I write this. I loved the simplicity and the sweet/spicy/salty from the sauce. I think I’ll try it with chicken or beef for dinner some time soon.

202. I love this! I make it with crumbled extra firm tofu and earth balance to make it vegan. Yum and thank you!

203. I love this! I make it with crumbled extra firm tofu and earth balance to make it vegan. Yum and thank you!

204. Carameltesting – I would add the chicken to the skillet before the eggs, cook the chicken until it’s done, then remove the chicken and scramble the eggs as directed… If the pan looks dry by the time the chicken is cooking, be sure to add a little more butter or oil before you start cooking the eggs. Also, make sure to cook the chicken into small pieces so that it cooks quickly.

205. At which step should I add raw chicken pieces if I wanted to make this with chicken?

This looks delicious and I can’t wait to make it :)

206. I can’t believe I missed these when they were originally posted, because spicy + easy + cheap = automatic win, but after seeing them on your “Best Of” post I had to try them. Amazing! Definitely headed for the regular weeknight rotation, as they only took me 30 minutes from start to finish (and that included washing up!) and I’m looking forward to the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

207. Kristin says:

So I normally hate cooking for my husband because he always finds something to complain about. I made this for dinner tonight though and not only did he love it but he said he’d actually pay for it in a restaurant so I think this one was a definite winner! Thanks so much :D

Made this tonight because at 8 pm I needed something quick and wanted something tasty. It was delicious. Thanks for the recipe!

I finally made this tonight after thinking about it for weeks-just as simple and amazing as everyone has said! Sriacha butter sauce has me thinking about making some “rooster” wings. Thanks!

210. Just discovered your website last week and have made a few recipes. All of them divine. This I made tonight and it is so good! I think I might try it with some crushed peanuts next time too. Yum, yum! Thanks for sharing your incredible creations!

211. Amanda Wrege says:

This is one of my unhealthy favorites. We’ve made it so many times – and I already probably have a comment above, but the last time we decided to try it with shrimp in it. I added the raw shrimp to cook in the sauce before tossing it with the pasta. Just wanted to put an FYI out. Doing that waters the sauce down…. I think what left the shrimp as it cooked down made it a lot less spicy. So next time I’ll cook the shrimp alone and def add it after it’s cooked through.

212. Today is the 4th time I’m eating this meal this week. Quick, easy, few ingredients, I just threw in some veggies because I made it so often, and YUM!

213. OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD! I will NEVER again just eat spaghetti when I am out of ideas for dinner. Or lunch. Or breakfast! I seriously had to stop myself from eating the second serving. I kept telling myself, ‘Just think. Lunch tomorrow. Lunch tomorrow!’ I am just loving your site and recipes. New follower! THANKS!

I have been staring at the left over spaghetti noodles all day, with no idea what I wanted to do with them. I went to your blog like I always do when I need ideas. I warmed the noodles up in a pan with sesame oil. I put tomato slices and shredded carrots in with the eggs at the end of cooking just to warm them. I left the sauce as a condiment on the side as we were also serving to children who eat spicy food but used this as a learning tool on how hot a dish can be, before the sauce is added. Served a frozen salmon patty, (from costco)that was cooked in the oven. Some had the salmon on top, others on the side of the noodles. All dipping the salmon in the sauce! Thanks Beth for the recipe and all the contributed ideas. I have been cooking/married for 36 years. Planning “whats for dinner” makes my brain hurt anymore.

215. I just made these, and oh my goodness, so delish! I couldn’t find lo mein noodles Ithe storeso I used wide rice noodles instead. Also upped the egg. But I loved the richness the butter added, and it was just the right combo of spicy/sweet/salty. Thanks for another great recipe :)

Love this! I found your recipe on Pinterest and made it the other night… WOW – this is amazing! I double the recipe using 8 oz. of noodles and it was perfect for my husband and I. I may add some chopped peanuts & bean sprouts to this to make it even more like a spicy phad thai. EXCELLENT! Already planning on making it again in a few days. Thank you so much for the recipe!

217. I’ve made this several times and it’s become my go-to “I hate being an adult” food. The sweet-spicy combo always lifts my mood, everything comes out of the pantry except for the cilantro (admittedly I use parsley because I’m one of the cilantro-tastes-like-soap people), and it’s so much tastier and more satisfying than ramen. Also, hits the same craving buttons as pad thai with fewer speciality ingredients.

218. I’ve made this two days in a row now and I love it! The first time, I cooked it exactly as the recipe stated. The second time, I did not use crushed pepper, used 1 tablespoon canola instead of the butter and doubled the soy sauce and sriracha which made it a little saucier, a little less sweet and gave it the perfect umami taste for me. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

219. Oh, good lord. I made these to use up some left over whole wheat pasta I had in the fridge. Added a little more egg white to the one egg (hungry!) and eyeballed most of the sauce ingredients. Can I just say this is the best thing EVER? YUM. Oh, and I used agave syrup because I’m trying to stay away from sugar. Yep, worked just fine. So so so so so good. Thank you for this amazing recipe.

And I love your blog. :-)

220. Yum, I made these tonight. Very spicey,, next time I will add two eggs

Or maybe some leftover chicken.

LOVE! I marinated shrimp in sriracha and oyster sauce, and then added to your recipe. My husband raved :)
    Love your blog!

222. schin23 – honey might be pretty good in place of the brown sugar.

223. What can be used instead of brown sugar?

224. This is an absolute favorite here. My husband loves these and we make them all the time!

225. This was SOOO awesome! Definitely adding this one to the regular rotation. However, I had to tone down the heat by only adding 1/2 Tbsp of sriracha. I’m just a wuss :)

this has been my favorite thing i’ve made from your blog so far. i have a feeling i’m going to be making these noodles A LOT. thank you!!

delicious! my husband and i love your blog!

ps i used more linguine noodles and the same amount of everything else and it had just the right amount of kick (not too hot) for me

I made it with rice noodles and amazing. Thanks!

229. substituted the brown sugar for 1/2 tablespoon mirin and it came out awesome!

230. I have been craving Asian food, so I tried making this instead of eating out… WOW! I cooked tofu in the butter/red pepper instead of eggs, since I’m not an egg fan. Also added blanched broccoli. It was AMAZING! And it’s taking a LOT of self-control to save the other half for lunch tomorrow…

I love love love love love these. I have made it several times and it seems to keep getting better. I have increased it for our family of 6 to be made with 2 lb of noodles and simply wonderful. A house full of teenage boys can finish these off in a single night.

Wow!!! My boyfriend and I loved this dish!! we’ve made it twice in one week! the second time we added some sautéed bell peppers, red onions, and zucchini and chopped peanuts as a topping.

SO GOOD!

Yum! Sweet at first and then the heat sneaks up on you… You find yourself going back for more and more:-)

234. Amanda Wrege says:

The only time I thought I was going to die at the dinner table and was happy about it. We’ve made it twice now. So. Freaking. Hot. I didn’t know I loved hot.

235. Made this and substituted tofu for eggs. I pre-cooked the tofu in a little soy and oyster sauce to brown it first then made the dragon noodles as usual. Works great with the recipe for those who don’t want to use eggs.

236. Melanie says:

I am blown away at how delicious this was!!!! AMAZING. I’m vegan, so I sauteed some mushrooms instead of the egg, and it was delicious. Thank you!!

237. Karin says:

Oh my!! My new favorite thing!! I love noodles and I love spicy! Together this is heaven!!

238. A-ma-za-za-zing!!!!! I made it for dinner for myself and a friend and we couldn’t stop talking about how yummy this dish was! I can’t hardly wait to your other recipes :)

239. I doubled the ingredients, but only used a teaspoon of sriracha & 1/8 a teaspoon of red pepper, since I had to share with a toddler. It was amaaazing! My husband went nuts when he tasted it, he liked it so much. Hopefully sometime in the future I can make it as spicy as you did.

240. Loved it! Added some grated carrots, finely chopped red pepper and garlic. Also I cut down the butter and replaced it by vegetable oil and it was amazing. Thanks for sharing!

241. I just woke up after a 12hr night shift with a craving for something spicy, flavorful & fast…JACKPOT! I use ramen noodles (1.5pkgs), used chili garlic sauce (& doubled the sauce;-), used 2 eggs…consuming presently & I’m in heaven! Thanks AGAIN! Love love your blog <3

242. Claire from New Caledonia says:

I made this recipe tonight with the Coconut Chicken with Sweet Chili Sauce. I did not had Ramen noodles or Sriracha sauce (it doesn’t exist in my country) but I managed and it was good! Thank’s for the recipe :)

243. Wendy M. says:

This was so tasty! I used fettucine I had on hand,added some shrimp and went with two eggs-it was a great rainy-Friday-night meal. (I might throw some chopped peanuts on top next time.) My husband loved it, too- I’m always looking for spicy dishes we both like, so this was perfect.

244. julia says:

Sooo yummy and easy … Made it for dinner tonight and added some frozen veggies … The green onions make it taste so fresh!

245. this is pretty much the way I make rice noodles! love it!

Amazing! I’m living in St Kitts and this is the closest thing to pad thai I’ve been able to find on the island. Next time adding some chicken or shrimp. yum!

247. Kitty says:

These are amazing! I substituted buffalo sauce for the sriracha, as I didn’t have any, but I’m already hooked! Thanks so much for sharing!

248. Andrea says:

Used papperadelle for the noodles and coconut sugar for the brown sugar…I’m in heaven!

249. I have tried this as written many times, and it is a fabulous recipe…both in taste and simplicity. I love recipes that are simple in ingredients, but complex on flavours. This morning, I had in mind to make a couple of scrambled eggs, and serve them with a dollop of siracha (on the side). Then this recipe came to mind, so I decided to take a part of it and make it into a breakfast meal. So I meltd about a tsp of butter, added a good squirt of siracha to the hot melted butter, stirred, then added two eggs. I scrambled everything together and cooked until the eggs were just done. Serve this with a slice of toast, and you have a great breakfast that is a nice twist on plain scrambled eggs. The butter/siracha combo added a wonderful spicy and velvety texture to the eggs, which are anything but bland. The more siracha you add, the spicy your eggs will be. Happy discovery!

Just made this for lunch. Quite good but made a lot of dirty dishes. Unfortunately I didn’t have an cilantro at all but next time! I used half Of the rooster sauce an it was the perfect amount for heat and flavor without burning a hole in me.

251. I have been looking for something like this recipie. Can’t wait to make this. Thanks!

252. Just made this for dinner and it was SO DELICIOUS! Even my husband (who has always given pasta the cold shoulder) adored it!

I put a little less sriracha than asked for but the hubby added extra to his. Also, I adore green onions so I added a TON to my bowl!

I love this recipe for a number of reasons, but mostly because it’s perfect on it’s own or as a base to so many other variations!

Thank you!!

soo oogooodo good :)))

254. This looks delicous and should be simple to make.

I have been waiting for lunch to be able to have this!! Delicious!

256. I just made this with rice noodles. I also added some lime juice to the soy mixture. Delish! Thanks for sharing!

Really Awesome recipe. Perfect easy side dish. I made it into a full meal. I tripled it, only change to the recipe was I added a teaspoon per batch of rice vinegar. Most of my ingredients averaged out to be the same as yours except the wide flat noodles I get from our asian store are only $0.12 an ounce. I figured the triple batch cost me a total of $4.20. I got a pound of 20-count ez-peel shrimp on sale for $7. I sauteed the shrimp in half the butter and used the other half for the egg, so I did end up with all the butter in there. It made 4 very hearty main dish servings for a total of $11.20, that’s $2.80 a serving!! For an all-in-one dish dinner, with Shrimp, I think that is awesome. Will make again as a side dish, and might try with chicken for dinner again. Thanks for the recipe!!

258. I made this and added a spoonful of chunky peanut butter to the sauce. YUM.

259. Mmmmm I just finished eating a bowl. SO GOOD. I didn’t add the red pepper to the eggs because we only have extra-extra hot red pepper, and, well, my lips are burning from the rooster sauce. SO GOOD. Seems like it’s great for hot *or* cold. I bet a splash of lime would be awesome, too. Thank you for this!!

260. This is delicious! Thank you for such an amazing recipe. Can’t wait to make it again.

261. I made these yesterday ! Yummy ones !
    But I should be careful with the sriracha omg. Still hurts !

262. loved it!

263. I made these and they had too much of a brown sugar taste for my liking, so I added a little Worcestershire sauce, lime juice and some extra sriracha. They turned out excellent. Great recipe to start from. The cilantro and green onion were a good addition.

264. LOVE this recipe (so does my husband). I used wide rice noodles (all I had), and then squeezed some lime on top right before serving, as well as some crushed peanuts on top for crunch. A cheap but super delicious meal. You can easily add shrimp, chicken or tofu to this for added protein.

265. This was AWESOME!!! My friend and I totally devoured this, and I am keeping it in my repertoire for whenever I need something fast, inexpensive, and really delicious!! Thank you for this awesome recipe.

266. Kelsey says:

I’m happy to report that I ended up needing to use fettuccine noodles… and it still turned out delicious! I didn’t have cilantro or green onions either. I just used the eggs and sauce. :) I needed something super cheap and yummy… this fit the bill! Thanks Beth. Next time I’ll try to use the toppings too.

Just finished making this using ramen noodles since i didn’t have lomein on hand. WOW!!!!!!!!! I inhaled the whole plate, paired it up with steamed broccoli and cauliflower. I was tempted to make it into a pad thai type of dish with a splash of fish sauce, lime juice and peanuts, totally possible!

268. leslie says:

Yum! I only used half the sriracha though. Would be good with shrimp or tofu too.

269. Melissa says:

Oh my goodness!!!! This stuff is totally amazing!!!!And it’s so adaptable to what you like and have on hand. I used soba noodles, no eggs, I forgot to add the green onion and no cilantro. I added edemame. This is my new favorite meal!! It’s a good thing that I made a huge batch, I cannot stop eating this!The level of heat is just right for me, but I just eyeballed the sriracha. Thank you!!! Now I know what one food I would pick if I ever got stranded on a desert island!!

270. I love how simple this sauce is, just a little goes far! I also like how thin it is but still sticks to the noodles, I hate thick, goopy sauces. i couldn’t find lo mein but used some wide Japanese wheat noodles and they were great. halved the sriracha and used two eggs. perfect for me because I’m a wimp :) I’ll be making this a lot more, thank you!

271. I’m a bit of a spice wimp but have been craving some heat during pregnancy- I made this with udon noodles, used only 1 teaspoon of sriracha and a pinch of red pepper, and OH. MY. GOODNESS. Absolutely delicious!! I may even try a bit more spice next time :)

272. this was really freaking amazing. We have made it a few times now and will try it with different noodles (the first time we used rice noodles and they were a bit gummy). SO, so simple and good! Thanks :)

these were pretty frickin amazing!
    thanks a lot for the recipe!!

I’ve tried a lot of Asian noodle recipes and this is my favorite one. I add steamed chopped snow peas and shredded carrots (not steamed) but everything else is by the recipe, it’s great warm and cold the next day at work.

275. Kelly Houle says:

Thank you!! This was awesome!

276. This stuff is amazing! I actually used the sauce for dipping my leftover grilled chicken…I may start putting this on everything. :P

277. I made this last night and my bf said it tasted just like Pei Wei!! Thank you!

278. I made this for lunch and it was great. N Beth, if you like Sriracha, try out http://www.hotroostersauce.com. It is soooooo goooood!

279. I made these noodles as a main dish and made your shaved zucchini on the side- perfect combo! Yum!

280. Alicia says:

So tasty! I LOVED it :) I’m so happy I found you on pinterest.

I’ve made this twice and it was so good! I too am a super wimp and use about 3/4 of the spices called for. BUT I did up the egg, since I wasn’t putting in any meat. So I did use up my wide lo mein noodles…and now I can’t find another package anywhere! even went to the asian market and a national grocer (found first package there but went to a different location) and no dice! weird. i really liked using this kinda noodle. great texture and held the buttery-ness well. thanks beth and congrats on the book! marie castaway/gina

SO delicious! I used spaghetti noodles (all I had on hand). This is a new favorite!

283. YUM!!! I also CRAVE spicy very often in fact! I can’t wait to try these. My husband will love them too. Thank you!!

284. i tried this last night and it was SO SO SO GOOD. next time i will use a bit more soy sauce.

it didn’t turn out as pretty as yours, but the taste was awesome.

thanks!

285. Christy says:

Thanks so much for the recipe! Made this last night and it was an instant hit! It was aslo so incredibly easy and cheap! I’ll probably make it again this week. We added pan-fried tofu. The cilantro made it taste so fresh, so next time I’m definitely adding more.

286. Made this tonight. Sauteed some shrimp in the egg butter and added that to the mix. This was so delicious, and so easy. I know I’ll be making it regularly.

287. Sally says:

This is a little like Pad Thai meets Garlic Butter Noodles (from Steamy Kitchen). Try a squirt of lime juice on top — absolutely delicious!

288. Doubled recipe then used 1/2 the siracha and 1/2 the soy (ours is really strong. Added 1 Tbs peanut butter and a dash of sesame oil and water.

Shredded carrot on top… lime would have made it sing.

289. Delish. I’m not a big fan of hot – so I used just a bit of siracha and it was yummy – a bit hot after eating, but yummy – thanks for yet anotehr inspiration.
    Louisa

290. denise says:

Okay my husband wants this for the 3rd night in a row. We have changed it up with peanuts and peanut butter, tonight adding chicken. Love it. I want the shirt you are wearing in your profile picture!

291. I love how quickly this comes together, and I am a fellow heat seeker!

292. siracha is the best! Siracha with omlet is superb

293. This was delicious! Husband said he could eat his WEIGHT in it, and I loved the heat of the spices. AMAZING!

294. I made this for dinner last night & omg, it’s delicious!! Thank you so much for all of your fantastic recipes. I love your blog & check it daily. Your writing style, pics & everything are the best!!

295. I made this last night, but I’m a little leery of spice, so I halved the spice. Then, realizing I was out of cilantro, I used basil instead for a really sweet addition.

Thanks for a fantastic, easy sauce to add to my dinner nights!

296. I made this for dinner and OH MY GOD. This was SO delicious!

I doubled everything and it yielded enough for 2 people. It was very hot (definitely have some milk nearby), but not unbearable. I will be adding this to my recipe vocabulary for sure.

AWESOME!

Oh my, looks so good! I have a sriracha problem. I am always looking for excuses to use it. Avocados and eggs have become a sriracha delivery method. Will definitely try this.

298. Oooo this looks super yummy, I can’t wait to try it! I might even do it with soba noodles.

299. This is the kind of dish I love to eat! Thanks!

300. denise says:

Had it last night and again right now for leftovers. Yum. Thanks for the great, easy, and budget friendly recipe. I really wanted to go out to dinner last night and this saved the day!

301. Yum! This is so delicious, Beth. I used shanghai noodles (thin white soba-like noodles) cause I didn’t have any Lo Mein in stock. It was still god! I added veggies (julienned carrots, broccoli, shredded cabbage) and some water chestnuts for some crunch, and a tiny bit of chicken breast to have some meat. The butter really does make it rich.

302. Excellent! Simplicity at its best. I added some chopped peanuts (for texture) on top as well as a splash of lime (can never have enough lime). Next time, might add some fried tofu to this dish to increase the protein count.

This looks amazing, however, I’ll use shrimp in mine, fry the shrimp in some of the sauce, a very quick meal.

304. I made these with udon noodles (cause its what I had, lol) and without the cilantro. It is the best! I can’t tell you how good it is to have a cheap, easy recipe that tastes as good as the noodles I get from my local take out place. :D Thanks for posting this.

305. I love simple, fast, inexpensive “hot weather” foods. The “heat” of the dish is supposed to cool you off from the inside out. I’ll buy into that because it tastes so good and you have to chase it with cold, cold milk. Sriachi became one of our “essential” sauces a few years back. I love cooking with it and using it as a condiment.

306. Lucie says:

Oh My God!
    This is amazing, its so easy and delicious and tasty.
    I love you so much. Best blog ever.

307. Hey Beth, again a recipe right after my ever-so-heat-craving taste LOL! I am sure one could do this with udon noodles as well, right?

308. I just made this for dinner! Made a few changes though… Doubled the sriracha, added bamboo shoots, and used rice stick noodles since those were the only noodles I had on hand. All in all, it turned out great!!

309. Hooray for spicy Asian noodles! I would probably shred and wilt some cabbage to throw in there too. CHOMP.

310. God I love this Beth! Thanks for this great recipe!

Thanks for all of your work! I will be mking this soon..

312. Amazing… plus I ran a calorie count on it and a serving (which was a lot) was only 379 calories!

313. Cassanna – Yeah, sorry about that… there’s something in my template coding that doesn’t work with Pinterest. BUT, I have a pinterest page where you can repin recipes :) The link to this particular one is: here. Or, you can just go to my main page: http://pinterest.com/budgetbytes

314. Do you have a pinterest button? I’ve been trying to pin your recipes manually but it tells me there are no images found.

315. Seems a lot like a spicier, fewer ingredient phad thai. Which I love! Definitely a good recipe, these things are always on hand. Dang it – you made me hungry (again)!

316. Just made it for supper. Used half the siracha, half the butter and two eggs. Half the siracha is perfect for those that want a little heat but not enough to burn the belly. It is deelicious. Thanks for another great recipe!

317. Thanks for this recipe!
    I make a dish like this all the time and I adore it. Sometimes I don’t have any crushed red pepper on hand so I use sweet red chili sauce (http://www.thaikitchen.com/products/sauces-and-pastes/sweet-red-chili-sauce.aspx) and it tastes just as delicious!

Yum! I can’t wait to try this!

319. Just looking at this makes me happy. I can’t wait to try it.

looks delicious! I make something similar to this with ramen noodles pretty frequently, because i’m vegetarian so i can’t use the yummy seasoning packets with my ramen. I’ve never thought of adding cilantro and green onions though, will definitely try this out soon!

321. Oh my, I know my husband would looove this and would probably add even more sriracha!

Mal @ The Chic Geek