I’m always trying to work beans into my diet because they’re just so good for you… and I happen to think they’re delicious. This quick marinated bean recipe is one of my favorites because it’s so quick, simple, and insanely good. I could probably eat the whole lot of them at once but realistically, it’s more like four side dish servings.
I made this recipe with canned butter beans but you can use any white bean or beans cooked from dry if you prefer. I chose the canned beans because I was short on time and I chose the large butter beans because I think they’re pretty and kind of whimsical.
Marinated White Beans
- 1 (12-15 oz.) can butter or other white beans $0.99
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley $0.20
- 1 Tbsp olive oil $0.11
- 1 tsp lemon juice $0.10
- ½ tsp minced garlic $0.06
- ¼ tsp dried oregano $0.03
- to taste salt and pepper $0.05
- Open the can of beans, pour off the liquid and then rinse the beans in a colander under cool water. Transfer the drained beans to a bowl.
- Rinse and drain the parsley. Roughly chop the parsley and add it to the beans along with the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Stir until everything is well mixed. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Step By Step Photos
I used these large butter beans but you can use any white bean. This is just a regular sized can, somewhere between 12 and 15 oz.
Drain the beans of the liquid in the can and then rinse under cool water. Drain well in a colander.
Rinse, drain, and chop the parsley.
Combine the beans, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
Give everything a good stir. Either serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat. The flavors will intensify as it refrigerates.
So easy, so good.