This dish is total comfort. Potatoes, cabbage, smoked sausage, and a tangy homemade mustard vinaigrette. I’m in love! This Sheet Pan Roasted Kielbasa and Cabbage Dinner is so incredibly easy and gives me everything I need on one plate. I know I’ll be making this one often.
Prefer cooking in a skillet? Try my Kielbasa and Cabbage Skillet!
Do I Have to Use Kielbasa?
If you can’t find kielbasa, you can probably get away with using just about any smoked sausage here. It’s the smokiness that is important because that deep smoky flavor really pulls the ingredients together, so don’t be tempted to use fresh sausage. Go smoky.
Double Your Kielbasa and Cabbage Dinner with Caution
If you want to double this recipe, make sure to split everything between two baking sheets so that everything gets ample exposure to hot air. Crowded ingredients = soggy vegetables and no delicious browning. And you could probably get away without doubling the dressing (I had some leftover). BUT this recipe is so easy that if you are doubling it for meal prep purposes, I’d suggest just making a second fresh batch later in the week. It’s too easy to not have it fresh!
Sheet Pan Roasted Kielbasa and Cabbage Dinner
- 1/4 cup olive oil ($0.52)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar ($0.20)
- 1 Tbsp stone ground or whole grain mustard* ($0.08)
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed or minced ($0.08)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- Freshly cracked pepper ($0.03)
ROASTED KIELBASA AND VEGETABLES
- 1/2 lb kielbasa ($1.60)
- 1 lb baby red potatoes ($1.63)
- 1/2 head cabbage** ($1.02)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided ($0.26)
- Pinch of salt and pepper ($0.05)
- Handful chopped fresh parsley ($0.22)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, crushed garlic, salt, and freshly cracked pepper for the vinaigrette. Set the vinaigrette aside.
- Slice the kielbasa into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Wash the potatoes well and slice them into 1/4-inch rounds as well. Place the kielbasa and potatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Toss the kielbasa and potatoes in the oil until they are well coated and the surface of the baking sheet is also covered in oil. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over top.
- Remove any dirty or damaged leaves from the cabbage. Cut the stem off the cabbage, then cut it in half. Reserve one half for a different recipe. Slice the remaining half into 1-inch wide slices. Cut each slice into two pieces. Place the cabbage pieces on the baking sheet with the kielbasa and potatoes, nestling them down so that they are laying flat on the baking sheet.
- Brush the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over the surface of the cabbage pieces and add a final pinch of salt and pepper to each.
- Roast the kielbasa, potatoes, and cabbage in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully flip the kielbasa, potatoes, and cabbage pieces. The cabbage may fall apart a bit as it's flipped, which is okay. Return the baking sheet to the oven and roast for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender and the edges are slightly brown and crispy. The kielbasa and potato slices should be well browned.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top with fresh chopped parsley and a drizzle of the mustard vinaigrette. Serve warm.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Make Roasted Kielbasa and Cabbage Dinner – Step by Step Photos
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Prepare the vinaigrette first to allow the flavors time to blend. In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 Tbsp stone ground or Dijon mustard, 1 small clove of minced or crushed garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, and some freshly cracked pepper. Set the dressing aside.
You’ll need 1/2 lb. kielbasa (or any smoked sausage) for this recipe. I froze the other half of mine so I could make this again another day. :)
Slice the kielbasa into 1/4-inch rounds. Clean 1 lb. baby red potatoes well, then slice them into 1/4-inch rounds. Place the kielbasa and potatoes on a large baking sheet and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Toss the kielbasa and potatoes until they are well coated in the oil and the oil has coated the surface of the baking sheet. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over top.
Remove any dirty or damaged leaves from a 3lb. head of cabbage. Cut it in half and reserve one half for a different recipe. Remove the stem of the half that will be used, then cut the cabbage into 1-inch wide slices. Finally, cut each slice into two pieces.
Nestle the cabbage pieces into the kielbasa and potatoes so that they are laying flat on the baking sheet. Brush the remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil over the surface of the cabbage pieces, then add a final pinch of salt and pepper.
Roast the kielbasa, cabbage, and potatoes in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, then carefully remove them and flip all the pieces (you’ll notice that they brown on the bottom, so it’s important to flip them all). The cabbage may fall apart a bit as you flip it, but that’s okay. Return the baking sheet to the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes more, or until the cabbage is tender and slightly browned on the edges, and the kielbasa and potatoes are well browned.
Top the baking sheet with a handful of chopped fresh parsley and a drizzle of the prepared mustard vinaigrette (you probably won’t need it all).
And that’s it! Now it’s ready to devour.
THIS is all I need. 🙌