Peanut Butter Banana Quesadillas

$0.86 each

I love single serving desserts. They keep you from over indulging because there are no leftovers and they can be whipped up on the fly.

I also love quesadillas, with their crispy outside and gooey filling… Mmmm…

So, I combined the two. These peanut butter banana quesadillas are perfect. Not only does the peanut butter get all warm and gooey, but the bananas and chocolate chips get all gooey, too. All of that inside of a crispy whole wheat shell. YES.

I threw the chocolate chips in there because I had some left over from my Funky Monkey Baked Oatmeal, but you could also try things like a drizzle of honey, or a sprinkle of flaked coconut. Oooh, next time I’m going to add a sprinkle of cinnamon!

Peanut Butter Banana Quesadillas

Peanut Butter Banana Quesadillas

Peanut Butter Banana Quesadillas

Author:
Total Cost: $0.86 each
  • 1 8-inch whole wheat tortilla
  • 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
  • ½ medium banana
  • 1 Tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
  1. Spread the peanut butter over the surface of the tortilla.
  2. Slice the banana very thinly and then arrange the slices over half of the tortilla. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the banana slices and then fold the tortilla in half.
  3. Cook the quesadilla in a skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown and crispy on both sides.

Peanut Butter Banana QuesadillasThey go really well with coffee…

Step by Step Photos

dessert quesadilla ingredientsThis is all you need. Most of these things might already be in your pantry. I thought I was going to need 1/4 cup of peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips, but ended up using only half that amount of each and it was plenty.

fill quesadillaSpread the peanut butter over the surface of the tortilla (yes, that’s only 2 tablespoons of PB!). I find that natural peanut butter spreads easier and tastes more peanut-y. Slice the banana very thin. This is important or else the quesadilla won’t hold together as well and the bananas won’t get so gooey. Arrange the slices over half of the tortilla and then sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.

fold quesadillaFold the empty side over the filled side.

cook quesadillaCook the quesadilla in a skillet over medium-low heat until it is golden brown and crispy on both sides. If you are using a non-stick skillet, you probably won’t need any non-stick spray. Cooking over medium-low heat gives the insides time to warm up and get gooey before the outside gets overly browned.

cut quesadillaI like to use a pizza cutter to slice my quesadilla. If you cut from the outside edge in towards the center (the folded edges), less of the filling will squeeze out in the process.

Peanut Butter Banana QuesadillasYes, yes, yes.

1. Alicia says:

Made it for mid morning snack before my run! Loved it! I used 1Tbsp of peanut butter, 1 teaspoon of chocolate chips, 1/4 of banana to save on calories :)

2. Alyssa says:

Any idea how well these hold up over night? I want to make them for a group meeting tomorrow but will only have access to a stove tonight! I don’t want the tortilla to get soggy or for it to taste bad somehow.

• Hmm, well, I do think they will get soggy in the fridge. Tortillas don’t seem to hold their crispness during storage.

3. LaTrice says:

This recipe looks so good, that my mouth is WATERING! Instead of using wheat flour tortillas, is it possible that I can use regular tortillas-because I don’t like the texture of wheat flour tortillas.

4. Stacy says:

All the guests I have served this to have loved this! Definitely a recipe that is going in the keeper recipe book. The best part besides tasting so good, they are super easy to make!!! On one half I spread Nutella and on the other half I spread peanut butter. I put sliced bananas and sliced strawberries on the inside and serve it with a small scoop of ice cream.

5. Lauren says:

These are great!!

6. How many calories in these? Please and thank you :)

7. christina says:

Just made these and added a drizzle of honey and sprinkle of cinnamon… They were incredibly delicious–gooey, sweet, crunchy, it was the perfect dessert!

8. Kellie says:

Anyone know the calorie count on these??? Dieting here, but really wanna try!! Help?

9. Arden says:

Just whipped these up on the fly and they are delicious! It’s a great snack for when you’re in a I-want-something-warm-and-sweet-and-really-unhealthy kind of mood. I put on a drizzle of all-natural honey I got from the local bee-keeper and it was a perfect quartet of flavour–honey, peanut butter, chocolate, and banana. Goes great with a glass of milk :) Thanks so much. Loved them!

10. Sarah says:

Found this recipe on pinterest and made it for dinner tonight and it was DELICIOUS! Something about the warm, melty peanut butter and chocolate chips was great. And I added toffee chips, because why not. So good! Will be made again (and again and again..). Thanks!