Spinach Artichoke Lasagna
Spinach artichoke lasagna is full of flavor and won't leave you feeling weighed down like traditional sausage lasagna.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 30 mins
- 1 lb. frozen chopped spinach $1.38
- 1 13.75 oz. can artichoke hearts in brine $2.62
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese $1.94
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella $2.18
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan $0.31
- 2 large eggs $0.46
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic $0.16
- 10-15 cranks fresh cracked pepper $0.05
- 1/2 tsp salt $0.02
- 4 cups marinara sauce $3.17
- 1 lb. no-boil lasagna noodles $1.88
Allow the frozen spinach to thaw. In a large bowl combine the ricotta, parmesan, eggs, salt, pepper, and half of the shredded mozzarella (1 cup). Stir until well combined. Drain the artichoke hearts, roughly chop them, and then add them to the cheese mixture along with the thawed spinach and minced garlic. Stir well.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat the inside of a 9×11 inch baking dish with non-stick spray and then layer in the ingredients in this order: 1 cup of marinara sauce, one layer of noodles, 1/2 of the cheese mixture, 1 cup of marinara, one layer of noodles, the second half of the cheese mixture, 1 cup of marinara sauce, one layer of noodles, one final cup of marinara sauce, and then the final cup of shredded mozzarella.
Cover the baking dish loosely with foil (don’t let it touch the shredded cheese on top) and place the dish in the fully preheated oven. Bake for one hour and remove the foil for the final 15 minutes of baking.