Green Chile Turkey Burgers
These Green Chile Turkey Burgers can't be beat for a fast, flavorful weeknight dinner. Healthy, ready in about 30 minutes, and full of southwest flavor.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 19 oz. pkg ground turkey $4.49
- 4 oz. can diced green chiles, drained $0.69
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin $0.05
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder $0.02
- 1/4 tsp salt $0.02
- 2-3 green onions, sliced $0.13
- 2 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded $0.61
- 5 hamburger buns $2.91
- 1 large tomato (optional) $0.95
- 1 large avocado (optional) $1.50
Place the ground turkey, green chiles (drained), sliced green onions, shredded pepper jack, cumin, garlic powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix the ingredients until well combined. Divide and shape the mixture into five patties. The mixture will be fairly wet.
Cook the burgers in a skillet, on a grill, or using an indoor grill like a George Foreman, until they are cooked through (internal temperature of 165ºF) and well browned on the outside. Cooking time will depend on the method, size, and thickness of your patties.
Serve each patty on a bun with a slice of tomato, a couple slices of avocado, and a smear of mayonnaise.