Taco Salad Skillet
This entire taco salad is served right in the skillet used to cook the seasoned taco beef. Taco Salad Skillet. Fun, fast, and delicious.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil $0.04
- 1/2 lb. ground beef $ $1.37
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder blend $0.15
- 1/2 tsp cumin $0.05
- 1/2 tsp oregano $0.05
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder $0.02
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper $0.02
- 1/8 tsp salt $0.02
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained $1.19
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed $0.50
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese $1.30
- 2 cups broken tortilla chips $0.50
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce $0.75
- 1 large tomato $0.73
- 3 green onions $0.17
- 8 oz. tub sour cream $1.00
Heat a deep skillet over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and ground beef. Sauté the beef, breaking it into crumbles as you go, until fully browned. Drain the excess fat if needed.
Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt to the skillet. Drain, but do not rinse, the black beans and then add them to the skillet. Stir until the beef and beans are coated in the spices. Continue to sauté until heated through (3-5 minutes).
Spread the corn kernels and shredded cheese over the beef and bean mixture. Place a lid on the skillet and let the mixture warm through until the cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
Meanwhile, dice the tomato, slice the green onions, and shred the lettuce.
Once the cheese is melted, turn off the heat. Top the skillet with the broken tortilla chips, lettuce, tomato, and green onion. Scoop the layered salad into each of four bowls, then add a dollop of sour cream to each serving.