This Scallion Herb Chickpea Salad, is light, bright, filling, and just perfect for spring (please spring, come quickly). The dressing is creamy but still light, and is bursting with fresh vibrant flavors. This salad is quick to throw together and can be stored in a fridge for a few days, making it great for a meal prep lunch. If you loved my Sriracha Chickpea Salad Wraps or Scallion Herb Cream Cheese Spread, you’ll love this Scallion Herb Chickpea Salad, which a hybrid of both. :)
Scallion Herb Chickpea Salad
I’m loving how creamy and light this mayo-free dressing is. The avocado gives the dressing plenty of creaminess, while the tangy Greek yogurt keeps everything a lot lighter than a traditional mayonnaise based dressing. A splash of lemon juice plus plenty of fresh herbs round out the flavor and make this salad so good that I stood over the counter and ate the entire (half) test batch! But hey, with its list of gold-star healthy ingredients, I’m going to consider that a win. ;)
How to Serve Scallion Herb Chickpea Salad
The recipe below is just for the chickpea salad, not the sandwich, because there are several ways you can serve this salad. Serve it over a bed of greens, like an actual salad, stuff it into a pita, wrap it up in a tortilla, or pile it between a couple slices of hearty bread, like in the photos. Your choice.
Scallion Herb Chickpea Salad
- 1 avocado ($0.79)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt ($0.44)
- 1 tsp lemon juice ($0.04)
- 1/4 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley ($0.25)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro ($0.20)
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions (about two) ($0.23)
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas ($0.49)
- Place the avocado, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, parsley, cilantro, and scallions in a bowl. Mash the ingredients together until combined. It's okay if the avocado is a bit chunky still.
- Drain the can of chickpeas, then add them to the bowl with the avocado dressing. Stir and mash the chickpeas into the dressing. Taste the salad and add salt if needed.
- Serve the salad over a bed of greens, between two slices of bread, in a pita, or wrapped in a tortilla.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Scroll down for the step by step photos!
Now that’s what I call a sandwich!
How to Make Scallion Herb Chickpea Salad – Step by Step Photos
Add one avocado, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, and 1/4 cup sliced scallions (about two) to a bowl.
Mash those ingredient together until they’re well combined. It’s okay if the avocado is still a bit chunky.
Add a drained 15oz. can of chickpeas to the dressing.
Stir and mash the chickpeas into the scallion herb avocado dressing. Give it a taste and add more salt, if needed (I did not add any, but it’s important to always salt to your own tastes).
Eat the Scallion Herb Chickpea Salad as-is (like I did with the test batch, lol), make it into a sandwich, wrap, or serve it over a bed of greens. Enjoy!